1st post! 3.3 volumes Co2 in a corny keg? or champ bottles only?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omnicracker

Reaction score
main question: can a corny keg hold beer at 3.3 volumes co2?

i have a 10 gallon AG batch of Delirium Tremens ready to go into conditioning. i have 60 champagne bottles soaking/cleaning right now. i also have a corny keg system and a nice counter pressure bottle filler at my disposal.
in addition to that, i will be priming with gyle i saved from the kettle and Pressure cooked for sterility.

i would like to get this beer to 3.3 volumes co2 since i have all the right equipment and have never done so. im hesitant to go back into bottling because im weary of the inconsistent carbonation among the bottles, or not carbonating to the desired volume.

can i condition the batch as a whole in a corny keg and then counter-pressure into the bottles when i think its ready?

or should i trust my calculations and use 1.1 liters of gyle per 5 gallons to get my carbonation right on and bottle today?

Drinking: Anchor Steam, AHS IPA II
Fermenting: Delirium Tremens, AHS Belgian Pale, AHS Belgian Dubbel

FWIW some of my strong golden (DT clone) is bottled in regular 12 oz bottles at 4.25 volumes CO2.
Fully carbed and not a grenade yet

good to hear. i already HAVE the champ bottles AND the CounterPressure filler.
the next question, is 3.3+ volumes co2 going to make it hard to run through a CPBF without getting foam?
i suppose i will do 5 gallons into bottles and the other 5 into a corny keg and go from there. i would like to eventually bottle it, but i have 30 gallons of belgian coming up right behind it, so id best save some of them bottles. 50/50 it is.

the DT clone is nice at 4.25 volumes huh? are you priming with dex?

Latest posts

Back