1st brew pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tkeonce

Reaction score
Cracked open my first bottle Saturday and I think it came out ok. It was Brooklyn Brew Shops American Blond Ale. It spent 3 weeks fermenting and 2 carbing up. I'm not sure the flavor was spot on to what it should have been. My wife and I both felt it had a Blue Moon quality to it. I bottled my Hefeweizen Saturday, so we will see how it came out soon.

Looks good, if a little overcarbed?

Normally people recommend to rack to the bottling bucket on top of the sugar, however I found that I over-carbed because I had a hard time guestimating how much beer I was really going to bottle due to trub loss.

Best advice I was given was to rack to the bottling bucket first and then prep the priming sugar and gently stir it in. Now I always get the perfect carbonation.

Maybe a bit over carbed but not much. Recipe called for 3 tbsp of honey and I used 2.5 tbsp. although I only got 3 quarts of beer instead of 4. Also it didn't clear up much.

Looks good! Just keep at it and your beer will get better if you keep track of your processes.

make sure to keep those clear bottles out of the light and sun! :tank:

Back