1st beer, 1st success!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boyd

Reaction score
It's an English style IPA. Primary for 7 days. Bottle condition for 14 days. Tastes great. I'm really excited about my next :)

40617_486617427467_516297467_6867724_3369729_n.jpg

Congrats on your first brew! It looks pretty tasty!

Just a thought, only 7 days in the primary? Have you thought about leaving it longer?

A lot of brewers do 3-4 or more weeks in the primary to let the beer "clean up" and clarify a bit. Not saying you should, just wondering if you have read about it?

Keep on brewing and keep us posted!

Congrats on the first brew, glad it worked out to your liking. The first one coming out well is what got me hooked. I started with quick ferments as well, but as stated, think about 3-4 weeks in the primary, and see how you like it.

Enjoy!

haha, yea. I'm priming a California Common Ale right now, and I think that I'll try to leave it in the primary as long as I can. This just means that I'm going to have to get another carboy or two :)

Congrats, can't believe you waited 14 days to try your first! You sir have patience.

Congratulations! My first beer tasted awesome and now I cannot stop brewing...and drinking! I also agree to keeping the beer in the fermenter longer you will not regret it. Be patient!:tank:

If I keep the beer in the carboy longer, will my bottle conditioning times be shorter?

If you do a 3-4 week primary fermentation and want to still do a secondary fermentation, is 1 week for secondary still ok?

For a wheat beer you do not need a secondary but if you just want to do it that way, one week is fine. It does increase the chance for infection if you aren't careful with your sanitization process.

congrats on the first batch! i've got my fingers crossed on my first attempt.

Some beer will taste green some wont but 14 days in a bottle is pretty good. Just trust your hydrometer 7 days is not as good as 10 most of my ales don't usually get done fermenting until the 8-9 days. Would hate to see early bottling causing bottle bombs but I have had 7 days fermentations.

Latest posts

Back