1st batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kendo2gz

Reaction score
i brewed a czech pilsner on the 31st. the receipe said to boil 2 gal. then remove from heat and add the lme and if i didnt have to add any hops or anything then i didnt have to boil any further should i have boiled the wort a little longer the fermentor is only bubbling every 25 to 30 sec should i stop worriing:confused:

I think so! It has been a while since I made beer from extract. While I am not sure about the procedure I do know there are plenty of no boil extracts. Out gassing from the bubbler is really not a good indicator of fermentation. If you feel the need to check a hydrometer reading is a better way to tell. Personally I would wait 3 days before I did anything.

How long you boil the wort will have no bearing on how quickly fermentation will commence, so don't worry. If you were adding hops to the recipe then boil time would be important, but this would be optional for a pre-hopped kit if that's what you made. Let it go for 7-10 days then check the gravity if you're worried, but it sounds like it's doing what it should.

Yes,
Stop worrying. If you followed the instructions, you should have drinkable beer. The Mr. Beer kits are like that. Just wait for the yeasties to do their thing.

Many kinds of liquid malt extract come pre-hopped. Many of those instructions tell you to dump the LME into the fermenting vessel - then dump the boiling hot water in & mix it all together - and then add cooling water to top off the fermenter. They never require that you boil the complete wort - just the water. It isn't a perfect brew - but it works.

Relax, don't worry. If it's bubbling, its working. Be patient. More patience = better beer.

Back