1st and 2nd batch taste tests

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerlover_NZ

Reaction score
I sampled my lager I brewed last month which was my first batch ever it was brewed at too higher temperature and bottled too early well it tastes darn awful so I am gonna let that sit for longer in hope it will improve. the 2nd brew was an ale that I had mixed golden syrup (light treacle) with the ale kit to try and imitate an irish ale it sat in the fermenter for 9 days then bottled today is day number 7 after bottling and damn this one tastes great it is a smooth beer with a taste in between toffee and stout it is carbing up well but no head formed while pouring and I love having a bit of froth on my beer so hopefully I will get that after leaving it to condition for a bit longer in the bottle as I feel this one is going to take a few more weeks to get its full potential but right now it tastes great as it is.:mug:

From what I've come to know as an Irish proverb: "Time is a great storyteller."

Extrapolating this leads us to the following: Time is a great beerteller.

Glad to hear that it tastes great, and I hope it only gets better over time!

From what I've come to know as an Irish proverb: "Time is a great storyteller."

Extrapolating this leads us to the following: Time is a great beerteller.

Glad to hear that it tastes great, and I hope it only gets better over time!

I hope so too but tell ya what I have never had a 24oz of beer kick me into next week before didn't know what was worse my ALE or my friends .270wsm :fro:

Back