1st All Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBeck67

Reaction score
Finally completed first brew (pale ale) and I definitely had some challenges but worked thru, learned a ton and incredibly happy with the results!! Sampled at 7 days after kegging!! Iā€™m hooked brewing an American Red this weekend
This forum and its members have been a great resource thanx šŸ»

Attachments

• 36AB3AFB-F1BE-49ED-A474-46F50680D822.jpeg
    36AB3AFB-F1BE-49ED-A474-46F50680D822.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
More beer soulless pale all recipe with citra additions and citra dry hopā€¦hope spider was a mess had to cool in the kettle in the fridge then poured it right out of the pot into my fermenter!

TBeck67 Eric is on to something with that advice. Maybe start with just one fridge. Then kinda sneak the 2nd, 3rd and so on in as necessary additions to the family brewery. After all by the time you aquire all the fermentors, grain mills, tables, sinks, vent fans, shelving and other miscellaneous gadgets chances are she won't even notice. Happy brewing and welcome to the madness we call a hobby.

Absolutely now I just gotta learn to NOT stop at the kegerator every time I go in the garage šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Just remember you are not "drinking the beer", you are "performing quality control analysis". It is a tough job but somebody has to do it!!

I remember when I got my first kegs. That first batch in the keg went in record time. It can be easy to just take a little glass...and another...and another!

Now you just gotta convince SWMBO to let you buy "just one fridge to ferment in".
Then watch it go through mitosis, mine has currently somehow replicated it self into 3 fridges...
That doesn't sound right. There's a 4th one missing. They always divide into two. Although, to be fair, I have found they occasionally mutate into freezers.

That doesn't sound right. There's a 4th one missing. They always divide into two. Although, to be fair, I have found they occasionally mutate into freezers.
Yep! Started with just having a food freezer in the utility room. After I went all-grain, I ended up with two more. šŸ˜‚

Latest posts

Back