1BBL Induction brewry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weezy

Reaction score

dipo-6000w-61570.jpg

In my never ending searching for ebrewery options, I came across some industrial size induction cookers. 6KW and you can assume ~90% efficiency. The higher end machines have wired thermistors and can be set to 10 degree increments. Perhaps not ideal for mashing options beyond 150*F...but anyway. The idea of zero elements in the wort, minimal cleaning, is always appealing.

http://www.dipousa.com/

just something fun to share!

CA_Mouse said:
Most commercial kitchens run 208, so if your brewery is in a previous restaurant space, that shouldn't be an issue.
This is a homebrewing forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
CA_Mouse said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ And I pointed that fact out by stating if his brewery was a previous restaurant space.
Lighten up francis! Maybe you should have drink?

Protto said:
I run a 6Kw induction cooker on 230vac threephase. What's not homebrew about that?
Interesting- is this a 3 wire three phase? You have this in a residential service?

Haha, thought that might get your attention. It's three 2kw induction cookers that I disassembled and mounted in a custom box. I did that to get the coils close enough to be covered by a 80qt stainless pot.

The cookers are connected in three phase and supplied by a 3x16A service. I actually installed a 32A threephase service in the brewbasement for future 1bbl use.

I'm in europe (Norway), and threephase 230 is pretty common over here. I control each cooker individually by it's original buttons. I usually do 40l (10g) batches.

Pic's attached. The box is MDF (I know, not exactly ideal) and the top is painted, but after a few years use it looks like sh**t, but works well.

View attachment IMG_1430.jpg

View attachment IMG_1440.jpg

Thats just plain Rad...Damm Norwegian's "We have three phase everywhere!...And blonds with big boobies too..."

is there an issue with the auto-pot sensing that some induction cooktops have when you disassemble them like this?

Haha, thought that might get your attention. It's three 2kw induction cookers that I disassembled and mounted in a custom box. I did that to get the coils close enough to be covered by a 80qt stainless pot.

The cookers are connected in three phase and supplied by a 3x16A service. I actually installed a 32A threephase service in the brewbasement for future 1bbl use.

I'm in europe (Norway), and threephase 230 is pretty common over here. I control each cooker individually by it's original buttons. I usually do 40l (10g) batches.

Pic's attached. The box is MDF (I know, not exactly ideal) and the top is painted, but after a few years use it looks like sh**t, but works well.

Got a wiring diagram for that, I am getting confused with how you wired it. Is it 3x 2kW single phase elements? Do you have each element connected between 2 live conductors or between 1 live and neutral?

No problem with pot sensing as long as you keep the distance from the coil to the glass (or pot) as close to original as possible.

As for connecting it to three phase, thats pretty straight forward. Three phase have no neutral, just three wires, L1, L2 and L3. There is 230v between any two of them.

Cooker1 - L1 and L2
Cooker2 - L2 and L3
Cooker3 - L1 and L3

Back