• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Minnesota 15 gallon / 60 quart Megapot Stainless Steel Kettle with welded ports

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnchorBock

Reaction score
pics are here: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/for/4348162412.html

For sale is a MoreBeer 15 gallon Megapot with two welded ports and a 1/2" ball valve with barb. I am stepping down to smaller batch size and no longer need this kettle (although I liked it so much I bought the 8 gallon version from MoreBeer for my 2.5-3 gallon batches). This is superior to the comparable models from Northern Brewer and Midwest because it has welded ports and I'm not sure if their pots are quite as heavy duty as this (weighs 30+ pounds I think). This is a hefty kettle and very heavy duty. You can read more on morebeers website or check out the specs I copied/pasted below. As you can see in the pictures there is a tiny dent in the lid - does not interfere with the lid sitting on the kettle in any way. I'm looking for $200 cash.

PM me if interested - local pickup only.

From Morebeer:

Made for brewing, our MoreBeer! Heavy Duty Brew Kettles have two 1/2" threaded couplers welded to them. The bottom outlet is very unique with male threads on the outside (for connecting a ball valve) and female threads on the inside for connecting whatever you wish. Check out these features!

Please Note: This kettle comes with a solid lid. If you are looking for a notched lid for use with an Immersion Chiller, Please see our Heavy Duty 15 Gallon Kettle with Notched Lid

They Will Last a Lifetime!
Constructed from durable, long-lasting stainless steel, these kettles are virtually dent proof. Over the years, we have heard countless stories from brewers who have ruined their thin-walled kettles by dropping and denting them. This is no longer an issue with these beefy, super-thick kettles.

Tri-Clad Bottom
Our kettles are built with a tri-clad bottom featuring an aluminum core sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel. Aluminum allows for even heat distribution while the food-grade stainless steel is the only metal in contact with your wort. Even heat distribution eliminates hot spots, which prevents scorching of your malt and makes cleanup a breeze!

Seamless - Made from a single piece of metal
Our kettles are drawn, meaning the kettle is made from one piece of stainless steel. No welded seams.

Heavy Duty Handles!
The handles on these kettles are just as heavy duty as the rest of the kettle. This is because they are made from rolled stainless steel, which is strong and easy on your hands.

Brewing Kettle Specifications
10 Year Warranty from MoreBeer!
15 Gallon/60 Quart Capacity
Food Grade Stainless Steel with brushed finish will stay good looking for years
Extra thick!! 1.2 mm thick sidewall and a 5mm thick bottom
Bottom Coupler is 1/2"MPT and 1/2" FPT on inside
Top Coupler is 1/2" FPT
1/2" Full Port Ball Valve
1/2" Male Pipe Thread Plug
Includes stainless lid and handles
The same kettle we use in our famous BrewSculpture Brewing Systems
This kettle is 14" H x 18" D.