15.5 gal keg.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ask the same place in your town where you get full ones if you can buy an empty one. Or.....get a full one,, empty it with your friends, and eat the deposit. :)

Obtaining a keg from a liquor store and craigslist is technically not legal. I suggest calling/stopping by any local breweries/brew pubs etc... ask about damaged stuff.

Just last night I did see about 6 kegs being offered up from $10 - $80 on Craigslist.

I got all mine from craigslist, Distributor, and a brew pub.

Brew on

Keeping a keg for the price of a deposit is taking from the breweries. They are very expensive for them to buy. There are many threads throughout this site discussing this. Just use the search function and they will pop up. Buying them second hand from breweries is completely legal as long as they are theirs to sell. Good luck with your search

Placed an ad on CL for wanted keg. Got a call from some dude who had 5 empty one and he sold them to me for $25 each. BUT this was after months of searching all over

Ditto that. I had monitored Craigslist for months with no luck, then posted a "Wanted: Keg" ad and had 2 responses in a day. Seems a lot of people have them, but don't necessarily advertise.

Back