12 Beers of Christmas 2019 Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All you guys/gals with different shipping FedEx excuses. Just create an account and leave them outside your door for pickup. No questions asked!!!

Something about all that sloshing around makes me nervous. I say artisanal vinegar and hope for the best.

Being east coast only, I was happily surprised to say that shipping all the packages for the twelve beers of Christmas combined cost me less than either one of my last two FOTD shipments to the west coast.

Cheers.

Good to know. I work 10 minutes from a big UPS distribution center so it is convenient. The. Iced generally go almost right on the truck and out of the state.

USPS is always fastest, and if you can manage two or even three large flat rate boxes it's probably the same price as UPS...more expensive if you use your own box though.

I was able to fit a 6-pack and a noise maker into a medium flat-rate box, which is $14.35. 2-day shipping and cheaper. Makes shipping much more reasonable. Although it looks like a couple of them won't get there until Thursday.

Got the Quad and a ghost label beer, lol
IMG_20191223_074926.jpg

Sorry, I thought I mentioned it in my PM. That is the Gingerbread Ale substitute from @jerbrew

He was supposed to brew the Saffron Trippel, but something came up and he asked to sub the Gingerbread Ale he had completed already.

@grampamark
@bradccook
@jack13

Should also take note...

You probably did, lol. So we have two different gingerbread ales on the West group then? That's cool ... I liked the first one I tried :)

Yeah no worries; I don't care ... I liked the first Gingerbread Ale that I tried from whoever else made that one, so I am sure I'll like Jerbrew's. I just didn't know what it was, lol (no label, no hand written love notes, etc).

Sorry, I thought I mentioned it in my PM. That is the Gingerbread Ale substitute from @jerbrew

He was supposed to brew the Saffron Trippel, but something came up and he asked to sub the Gingerbread Ale he had completed already.

@grampamark
@bradccook
@jack13

Should also take note...

Just got it. Thanks for the 'extra'!

According to UPS, that should be the last one. Then again you got it a day early, so who knows.

I haven't received mine yet, but maybe it's stuck in the mailroom at work.
I'm still excitedly waiting on the west coast Carmel Quad, Spiced Dunkel Weizenbock, your Honey Ginger IPA, and the @jerbrew substitute beer. Oh, and the Cherry Dubbel swap with @fourfarthing. Not worried they won't arrive, just excited to get them into the fridge.

I just dropped my packages off at USPS. So, the following people should get a package on 12/24 from me. It will contain my portion of the beers from me and @jerbrew

@TwistedGray
@grampamark
@bradccook
@jack13

I will be sending tracking info to each of you in a separate message.

I received this today, all six in good condition, plus the noisemaker.

I’ve received 9 out of 10 from the west group now.

I haven't received mine yet, but maybe it's stuck in the mailroom at work.
I'm still excitedly waiting on the west coast Carmel Quad, Spiced Dunkel Weizenbock, your Honey Ginger IPA, and the @jerbrew substitute beer. Oh, and the Cherry Dubbel swap with @fourfarthing. Not worried they won't arrive, just excited to get them into the fridge.

West Coast Honey Ginger received!

I think this may be a bad sign...@jerbrew. If this is accurate i think it means I wont get the Carmel Quad or the Saffron Tripel.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.07.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.07.33 AM.png
    220.1 KB · Views: 82
I likely missed it, but do we know the status of the Weizenbock from @bradccook by any chance for the west coast?

His last post seems to be from October 12:

Life got away from me there for a min. But Spiced Dunkel Weizenbock is being brewed right now for the West coast group! So stoked to be apart of this thing. I'll post some pictures soon. Thanks gang.

And he much more recently provided mailing information, so I'd assume his intent is to send the beers.

I think this may be a bad sign...@jerbrew. If this is accurate i think it means I wont get the Carmel Quad or the Saffron Tripel.

Crap, not good. I’ll call them on Thursday when they’re open. If it’s all bad, I’ll send you three more bottles of mine from a different batch, I split mine in two, that used a different yeast. It finished sweeter and I think better. The other was just done first and In time for shipment. I’ll also send some commercial beer for your troubles. I can’t speak for @gromitdj for any extra beer.

Yes, he is still using the forum, unlike a few on the east coast that are just “gone” and didn’t respond to give their address. My thinking is instead of “public shaming” perhaps a personal contact would get some answers.

Latest posts

Back