American Wheat Beer 100% wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamfein

Reaction score
Hey all

Thought I'd share my latest recipe, it's a very light Abv beer made with 100% wheat. Matched up with some flavoursome hops it turned out great.

I used a biab as wheat is very sticky in the mashtun.

1.5kg wheat malt
Mashed at 150 for an hour

10g magnum for 60 min
50g Motueka at flameout.

Made a total of 11 litres in fermenter. Boiled 13 litres.

It really came out well, very light beer with a body of a bigger beer. The lemon/lime hops really came through.

I added a picture below

Forgot to add picture

IMAG0208.jpg

I've been thinking a long time about brewing a 100% wheat beer. 60% is as high as I've gone, balance was barley and some flaked oats.

How does it taste?
What were your OG/FG?
Would you make it stronger next time? Different?

It tastes great to be honest.. not just bragging about my own beer, its smooth, alot more body than the gravity would suggest.

OG was 1.032, FG 1.007.

I would change it actually, id make it with a lower gravity, get it to 2.75% to 3%. I purposely make it a low gravity beer and that is why i used wheat only as it promotes a bigger body in the beer.

I have made so many 6-8% that i wanted something that would allow me drink a few and still feel my face :)

The beer isnt bitter but it has a ton of flavour. i might change around the hops for something like a citra, mosaic but motueka worked just lovely.

give it a whirl and you will be converted.

Back