• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

North Carolina 10 Gallon Electric Brewery System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoresonDE

Reaction score
Charlotte, NC

Only used this twice after building it in February. I haven't lost interested in brewing, I'm looking to sell because this amount is just to much for me to drink. Below is a FULL breakdown of everything, but here are some quick notes. There is a lot to list, if i miss something or you have any question feel free to contact me. Everything was bought NEW and has 2 uses on it.

$3,500 OBO

The whole setup is semi-permanently mounted to the stand. Stand can go with the system or I can keep it, price does not change. The system is currently as is in the pictures and fully operational. No leaks, problems, scratches. For anyone picking up I would be happy to show the system working.

• (3) - 10 Gallon Anvil kettles, all fittings soldered on however the bottom fittings are weldless and come like that from Anvil.
  • Stainless Steel Heating Elements
  • 30A 240V Control panel
  • (2) Chugger Pumps
  • Hoses (2) 3ft and (3) 5ft

This is going to get wordy,

HLT
1 10 gallon Anvil Brew Kettle w/ dip tube
1 8" Coil with 2 bends 50' x 3/8" x .035 OD Tubing 304/304L
2 Pull Through Solderable 1/2" Compression
2 Stainless Ball Valve - 1/2" FPT Full Port
2 1/2" SS Camlock F style fitting Quick Disconnect
1 Stainless Ball Valve - 1/2" FPT Full Port
1 Pull Through 1/2" bulkhead with integrated diptube
1 Closed nipple threaded 1/2"*NPT x 1"
1 Stainless steel "T" 1/2" FPT
1 Liquid tight RTD sensor, 1.5 inch, 1/2 NPT Thread
1 Camco 02955 4500W 240V Stainless Heater Element - Ultra Low Watt Density
1 Hot Pod Kettle Element Enclosure ETC4S - TC1.5" Enclosure w/clamp, gasket, and 1.5" TC Radiused Solder Flange

MLT
1 Anvil 10 gallon False Bottom
1 Elbow 1/2" NPT to 1/2" Barb
1 Stainless Ball Valve - 1/2" FPT Full Port
1 Pull Through 1/2" bulkhead
2 Closed nipple threaded 1/2"*NPT x 1"*
1 Stainless steel "T" 1/2" FPT
1 Liquid tight RTD sensor, 1.5 inch, 1/2 NPT Thread

Boil Kettle
1 Hop Stopper BK30
1 1/2" SS Camlock F style fitting Quick Disconnect
1 Liquid tight RTD sensor, 2.5 inch, M14 Thread
1 Camco 02955 4500W 240V Stainless Heater Element - Ultra Low Watt Density
1 Hot Pod Kettle Element Enclosure ETC4S - TC1.5" Enclosure w/clamp, gasket, and 1.5" TC Radiused Solder Flange

PUMPS (Direct Wire to Control Panel)
2 CHUGGER WORT PUMP WITH CENTER INLET STAINLESS HEAD
4 1/2" SS Camlock F style fitting Quick Disconnect
2 Stainless Ball Valve - 1/2" FPT Full Port
2 Stainless steel coupler 3/4" FPT x 1/2" FPT

HOSES
2 2ft length - High temperature food-grade silicone tubing (1/2" ID 3/4" OD)
3 5ft length - High temperature food-grade silicone tubing (1/2" ID 3/4" OD)

CONTROL BOX
1 16x16x8" Enclosure
2 40 amp SSR 3-32VDC input voltage, 90-480VAC output voltage
3 PID temperature controller, 1/16 DIN size, SSR output, 85-264VAC supply
1 MULTIFUNCTION TIMER, COUNTER, TACHOMETER
1 3 digit blue LED digital panel volt meter 700V AC, 5V DC supply 1 3 digit blue LED digital panel amp meter
1 Blue 22mm LED pilot light
1 Red 22mm LED pilot light
2 Green 22mm LED pilot light
2 Yellow 22mm LED pilot light
1 22mm buzzer, 115-120V AC/DC
6 2 position maintained selector switch
1 2 position maintained selector switch with key
1 3 position maintained selector switch
1 22mm red pushbutton, momentary
3 Contactor, 2 pole 40 A, 120V Coil
1 7A 250V fast blow glass fuse (4 extras included)
1 10A 8-pin 2-pole ice cube plug-in relay with 110-120VAC coil (8-pin relay socket)
1 Eaton D3PA2 Socket, Octal, 8 Pin

TOOLS

1 Pull-through Tool(included) https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/ptbulkhead_tool.htm

Questions please contact me, no trades, cash only or Paypal.

FULL Gallery or Images

DSC_2957.jpg

DSC_2959.jpg

DSC_2958.jpg

DSC_2961.jpg

DSC_2962.jpg

DSC_2963.jpg

DSC_2964.jpg

DSC_2969.jpg

DSC_2971.jpg

DSC_2973.jpg

This is a 30A Setup based off of theelectricbrewery.com setup, only real changes are deleted the connectors on the bottom of the control panel so everything is hardwired with less connections.

Stainless elements

Systems like this make me wish I had a 220 volt outlet in my house. My whole house is on propane through, so my search continues. Good luck with the sale on an awesome system.

Following- if you still have this when I get moved out that way, we might need to talk...it's not 100% the system that I've been specing out, but would likely fit what I actually "need".

I'm not open to separating this(and will not be). Stand can be separated for shipping/pickup purposes, however that is all.

If the unit is still for sell, I would like to come down and take a look. I live in Greensboro and would make the trip.

LoresonDE - please don't take my question out of context, but why isn't anyone buying this setup? Although I'm out of state (MN) I may heavily consider it if the shipping wasn't astronomical. It looks like there has been interest locally, but just curious on your thoughts on why someone hasn't taken this off your hands yet.

As with most things, sometimes part of building a system like this, the fun is piecing it together. I imagine other issues are shipping(not being able to see/run it first hand), large sum of cash required to buy it, trusting the seller is not trying to cheat or pull one over on the buyer,...

Or 10 gallons is that mid point where most go straight to 20 gallons.

Those are my ramblings, ha.

Makes total sense and thanks for the response. I’ve been tracking for awhile and am surprised to still see it for sale.

I live close by and may be interested in the system. It's not exactly what im looking for but dang close. Question: does the control panel allow for "growth" of the kettles. In other words, down the road could I upgrade to 20-30g kettles and use this systems control panel?

This control panel(and the whole build really) is built from electricbrewery.com. The system is usually 20gallons(on their site), with that size kettles you wouldn't need to change anything. You might choose to upgrade the elements to 5500w, but the panel can handle those. Even the 30gallon kettles can be used with the panel, it would just take longer with the increase in water volume to heat the water.

Its only when you look into doing back to back brews or elements more wattage that 5500 you would need to look into upgrading. But I recommend you taking a look at what they do on the Electric Brewery, I built the equivalent to their 30amp panel(same setup).

do you continue to use the set-up for brewing? I'd love to see it in action and talk in more detail. Again im very intrigued and I live in Statesville therefore the drive is negligible.

I've used it those 2 times a year ago and have not brewed since then. I did just set it up with water this weekend to show someone, but no beer brewing. Still have beer from a year ago, lol. The stout I brewed is turning out to be amazing in that time.

I am curious about the price of the control box at time you put the system together. I am looking at options to build a second box to support a 25 gallons boil kettle.

I'm going to go ahead and drop the price on this to $3,000. The price will stay there and will be for sale till it sells, I'm not open to negotiating or trading, I know how much it cost to do this plus all the time putting it together. I'm not willing, nor will I be, to lose any more on it. There is nothing wrong with it(still only been used 2 times), I just unfortunately can't be consuming any alcohol for the foreseeable future. Free beer to go with it, lol. I'll be wanting to off load a bunch of other stuff as well, that I can go into more detail to the buyer, free of course.

Last edited:
Back