• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

North Carolina 10 Gallon Electric Brewery System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've still got it. $3,000

I'll be getting rid of, bottle capper/caps, alot of bottles, a few carboys and some various consumables that can go with it.

Dimensions of the table? Would like to measure and see if my 20Ga kettles would fit. As per the specs, it looks as if upgrading to the larger kettles wouldn't be an issue, utilizing all the same equipment etc. Let me know. I'm in Va Beach. Thanks.

It's the same setup as theelectricbrewery.com did, but with 10 gallon kettles and 4500w elements. 4500w elements would work fine, just take a bit longer to heat. I went with lower watt to avoid scorching.

In my guess, going to 20 gallon kettles would require some fittings for inlet/outlets, since they are soldered on to the 10 gallon kettles. You could weld/solder fittings like I did (I'm including the pull-through tool if you choose to do that) or go weldless. Everything else should work fine to transfer over.

Stand dimensions are,
64" width
24" depth
36" high at the top of the stand
56" high at the top of the control box

It's the same setup as theelectricbrewery.com did, but with 10 gallon kettles and 4500w elements. 4500w elements would work fine, just take a bit longer to heat. I went with lower watt to avoid scorching.

In my guess, going to 20 gallon kettles would require some fittings for inlet/outlets, since they are soldered on to the 10 gallon kettles. You could weld/solder fittings like I did (I'm including the pull-through tool if you choose to do that) or go weldless. Everything else should work fine to transfer over.

Stand dimensions are,
64" width
24" depth
36" high at the top of the stand
56" high at the top of the control box

Got it. Thanks for the dimensions.

So you welded TC ferrules onto your kettles, correct? And then ran your elements through them? Are the elements bare elements, 2 wire elements that are hard wired or can I remove them from wiring by unscrewing 2 screws etc? I ask fir upgrading purposes. Thanks.

So you welded TC ferrules onto your kettles, correct? And then ran your elements through them? Are the elements bare elements, 2 wire elements that are hard wired or can I remove them from wiring by unscrewing 2 screws etc? I ask fir upgrading purposes. Thanks.

They are soldered in, you drill a whole through the kettle smaller than the fitting then use a tool to pull it through creating a mechanical joint then solder that joint. It is quite easy to do if you are familiar with soldering. https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/ptbulkheadmf.htm
There are some more pictures and directions on there if you'd like to look.

For the elements, I used this kit(https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/etc4s.htm) and soldered the fitting on. If you wanted to solder you could use this(same fitting on my kettles) https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/tc15fsf.htm Otherwise, yes 1.5" triclover ferrule would work if you welded in.

Yes, the elements are bare, Stainless Camco 02955. The elements are screwed into those pods above and can be unscrewed(along with the ground and (2) 120v leads).

They are soldered in, you drill a whole through the kettle smaller than the fitting then use a tool to pull it through creating a mechanical joint then solder that joint. It is quite easy to do if you are familiar with soldering. https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/ptbulkheadmf.htm
There are some more pictures and directions on there if you'd like to look.

For the elements, I used this kit(https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/etc4s.htm) and soldered the fitting on. If you wanted to solder you could use this(same fitting on my kettles) https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/tc15fsf.htm Otherwise, yes 1.5" triclover ferrule would work if you welded in.

Yes, the elements are bare, Stainless Camco 02955. The elements are screwed into those pods above and can be unscrewed(along with the ground and (2) 120v leads).

Excellent. Thanks for all the information. Going to weigh my options. No chiller, correct?

Not a dedicated one, I use the coil in the HLT to run the hot wort back through. While the wort is boiling I throw a bag of ice in the HLT then run the finished wort through that, comes out about 85-90deg. Worked great for me.

if it doesnt sell, and you change your mind, of course, I would buy the control panel. It does cost alot to build a system, but you can buy a turnkey brand new setup with 15 gallon kettles from high gravity for 26-2800. My system im picking up now, is all 20 gallong G2s, riptides, etc for 2800 out the door.

Just dont know if i want to do High gravity controller configuration, as i like having independent xontrol of boil hlt and mlt. With PIDS in all 3. Let me know.

if it doesnt sell, and you change your mind, of course, I would buy the control panel. It does cost alot to build a system, but you can buy a turnkey brand new setup with 15 gallon kettles from high gravity for 26-2800. My system im picking up now, is all 20 gallong G2s, riptides, etc for 2800 out the door.

Just dont know if i want to do High gravity controller configuration, as i like having independent xontrol of boil hlt and mlt. With PIDS in all 3. Let me know.

Go get that system, it is clearly the much better deal!

It’s better price wise, however the controller you have has WAY more versatility and information. But it costs over 2k new, for an assembled one however.

Good luck with sale.

I'm going to start boxing this up to store away and/or ship out. So shipping will be available soon

Last edited:
The system is boxed up now and is ready for shipment or pickup. $2800+shipping

To get an idea on shipping Charlotte, NC to Seattle, WA is ~$400

Double walled boxes

Attachments

• IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Price is 2800 obo. Only used twice and is boxed up ready to go to a new home and get out of our house.

Alright, the time has come and i'm ready to get this out of the way. If you are serious, make a reasonable offer.

I have all the other stuff, don’t even need the panel. Was just trying to get something sold since you’ve been trying so long and no one wants it. Sorry.

Back