1 Pint leads to another...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedragoon85

Reaction score
What a day. Today I was supposed to brew a double chocolate stout with my brewing friend, but things didn't quite steer that way. I got back from school and crossed the border into Tecate Mexico and went to get myself some 4 5 gallon water jugs to for my general/brewing purposes. I started heating water and cleaning brewing instruments and better bottle. Soon after I started sanitizing everything with San Star (first time giving it a try) and well I had about everything ready for a nice brewing session. However, my worst fears came alive. My brewing buddy had just crossed the border into Tecate Mexico and was very tired (work, school), and well, as life takes its twist and turns, we ended up not brewing. I was really looking forward to brewing today, so it kinda bummed me out. So, a not so long story put short, I ended up drinking some Tecate beer (not the best, far from it) since my dad brought some Pint size cans over. I really wanted to indulge myself in the APA I had awaiting me in the fridge, but since I was generous and let friends and family take a tour into the home brew experience, I have consequently ended up with very little brew (about, 8 12 oz bottles). I will save does till the next brewing session.

So here I am, down to 3 Pints (not a lot, but I must admit, I'm quite a light wait:cross: ).

i hate ruined brew days...the worst is when you have everything all set and all you have to do is go to the LHBS and you drive the 30min out there and.....there closed!!!!arg..had this happen when I had everything but the yeast and figured i would brew it up and let it chill while I went to get yeast and they were closed. had to use a washed yeast that didnt fit the style I was making or attempting to make rather!! doooh!!!!

i hate ruined brew days...the worst is when you have everything all set and all you have to do is go to the LHBS and you drive the 30min out there and.....there closed!!!!arg..had this happen when I had everything but the yeast and figured i would brew it up and let it chill while I went to get yeast and they were closed. had to use a washed yeast that didnt fit the style I was making or attempting to make rather!! doooh!!!!

Damn. That must really suck =/ I have no LHBS near by, so I probably wont run into a problem like that (hopefully). I have everything I need, but, if I had a LHBS near by, I would probably fall into the same situation, and a yeah, ruined brew days suck. It's like you wait anxiously to start the magic (mixing wort with yeast = Magic, or something like that) and then kabooosh, you are screwed, so please try again next time.

Back