1 gallon keg growler recommendation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ty520

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a growler werks 128 ounce ukeg system.

I Was wondering if any of you are familiar with it, and if so, would you recommend it,or a different product?

Are the co2 cartridges proprietary like some other people's products,or can they be acquired elsewhere?

I prefer the 1 gallon mini kegs as you can use the co2 cartridges or hook up to a regular co2 tank.

can you recommend a specific model and setup?
I live in Canada so my shopping options are more limited without having to pay huge shipping fees. That being said, I have bought Two of the 128oz Kegs from here and been quite happy with them Kegs I have one of their ball lock lids and another I got off of amazon and the one I got from cankeg is far better quality MEGA CAP (MINI KEG BALL LOCK LID). for my setup I am running three kegs (the two 128s and a 2.5 gallon one) so I have a five pound co2 canister connected to a kegland regulator and then have it feeding to a manifold that splits the gas off to the individual kegs. I currently just have picnic taps on them all but I recently bought a mini chest freezer I will be making into a keezer with proper taps soon. I do have the mini regulator as well which I use when i take a keg on the go with a 16oz co2 canister Pro C02 Mini Regulator, and I bought the adapter to make it work with a full size co2 tank so when I need to hook co2 up when bottling/kegging I unhook my co2 from the kegland regulator and connect it to the mini. The bonus with the mini regulator is it is really easy to dial in a minimal psi to enable closed transfers even from fermenters that aren't really pressure capable.

Mrs. Monster bought me this one for my birthday:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CBDK3DS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It uses the little threaded cartridges, I think 3/8" dia necks. Anyway standard threaded cartridges. It keeps beer cold all day and then some, if you chill the growler good before filling and you keep your kegged beer pretty cold. This, in summer in New Orleans.Of course you can also adapt a different regulator and gas hose, and use a normal 5lb CO2 tank or a Sodastream tank or paintball tank. If you just fill it maybe 3/4 full you can slightly overpressurize with your big CO2 tank and have enough gas in there to serve all. I also have a half gallon one but don't remember where I got it. Different brand. Both vacuum insulated, both use standard CO2 cartridges but can be modified or adaptified.

I don't know of any growler maker/seller who is stupid enough to think we are stupid enough to buy a pressurized growler that can only use proprietary CO2 cartridges.

Anyway not to take the wind away from Uwerks but I can definitely recommend the NutriChef one. I really like it.

Back