• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1 BBL (40Gal) Stout fermenters (x2) and 40 gallon brite plus big, burly brew stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obeahsf

Reaction score
Location - Berkeley, CA
I have the following available. Local pickup preferred, in particular for the stand.
Fermenters and brite tank do not include fittings, except the TC thermowells with NPT adapters.

$700 - 40 gallon Stout Conical Fermenter - fermenters are rated to 4 PSI and are designed to fit in a stand up freezer for temperature control. 3" TC port on side for CIP spray ball (spray ball not included). 1.5" TC blow off port Will include fittings for

$575 40 gallon Stout Conical Fermenter - same as the first, but missing the lid gasket (can be purchased from stout), and lid has been buckled from being over-pressurized. Should be easy to hammer out. Looks like it will still seal with the damaged lid, but no guarantee. Check with Stout for replacement.

$850 40 gallon Stout Brite Tank - Non jacketed. Rated to 15 PSI

$600 - Big welded brew stand that could hold a Datsun. Fitted with manifold and propane regulator, 3 burners, with individual ball valves, etc. It's rusty and could use a scrub, but it blasts.

My only complaint on the fermenters is the lid gasket. They are not easy to adhere to the lid. Star-San makes them a bit slick. Stout recommended Iodophor. We've used double-sided tape with plenty of Sani with no contamination issue.

Whole Lot - $2475

Last edited:
Here are some pics. Please note, the stand does not include pumps or brewhouse. Burners and regulator (regulator almost new - $75 value) are included.

Attachments

• IMG_4192.JPG
    IMG_4192.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG_4198.JPG
    IMG_4198.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_4243.jpg
    IMG_4243.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_4244.jpg
    IMG_4244.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_4310.JPG
    IMG_4310.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_5032.JPG
    IMG_5032.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
Wow! What a deal! Too bad I already have two stout tanks and a brite or else..... I use iodophor on the gasket.

Sure would love to have those fermenters but you're a little far to pick up and the wife would kill me.

Reducing price on these:

Location - Berkeley, CA
I have the following available. Local pickup preferred, in particular for the stand.
Fermenters do not include fittings.

We purchase 1.5" butterfly valves from eBay for about $25/ea. Gaskets are about $1 for silicone and clamps can be had for $3-4. If you'd like I can put together a list of needed components.

Fermenters are rated to 4 PSI and are designed to fit in a stand up freezer for temperature control.

$650 - 40 gallon Stout Conical Fermenter - 3" TC port on side for CIP spray ball (spray ball not included). 1.5" TC blow off port.

$550 40 gallon Stout Conical Fermenter - same as the first, but missing the lid gasket (can be purchased from stout), and lid has been buckled from being over-pressurized. Should be easy to hammer out. Looks like it will still seal with the damaged lid, but no guarantee. Check with Stout for replacement.

$800 40 gallon Stout Brite Tank - Non jacketed. Rated to 15 PSI. Tee at bottom out with sight glass tubing outlet. TC sight glass tubing inlet at neck. Included: Gas-in valve with diffusion stone, Gas-in valve for pressurizing, TC PRV, Pressure gauge.

$600 - Big welded brew stand that could hold a Datsun. Fitted with manifold and propane regulator, 3 burners, with individual ball valves, etc. It's rusty and could use a scrub, but it blasts.

My only complaint on the fermenters is the lid gasket. They are not easy to adhere to the lid. Star-San makes them a bit slick. Stout recommended Iodophor. We've used double-sided tape with plenty of Sani with no contamination issue.

Whole Lot - $2300

Last edited:
Big Price reduction of 20-40+ percent...

Lot for $1600 - see below for individual prices and info

1 BBL gear: $350-$650

$500 - 40 gallon Stout Conical Fermenter
- 3" TC port on side for CIP spray ball (spray ball not included). TC blow off port. 3" TC clamp, gasket, and cap are included.

$400 40 gallon Stout Conical Fermenter
- same as the first, but missing the lid gasket (can be purchased from stout), and lid has been buckled from being over-pressurized. Should be easy to hammer out. Looks like it will still seal with the damaged lid, but no guarantee. Check with Stout for replacement.

$650 40 gallon Stout Brite Tank - Non jacketed. Rated to 15 PSI. Tee at bottom out with sight glass tubing outlet. TC sight glass tubing inlet at neck. 1.5" TC blow-off port. Included: Gas-in valve with diffusion stone. Gas-in valve for pressurizing. 1.5" TC PRV, threaded pressure gauge.

$350 - Huge Brewstand

Big Price reduction of 20-40+ percent...

Lot for $1600 - see below for individual prices and info

1 BBL gear: $350-$650

$500 - 40 gallon Stout Conical Fermenter
- 3" TC port on side for CIP spray ball (spray ball not included). TC blow off port. 3" TC clamp, gasket, and cap are included.

$400 40 gallon Stout Conical Fermenter
- same as the first, but missing the lid gasket (can be purchased from stout), and lid has been buckled from being over-pressurized. Should be easy to hammer out. Looks like it will still seal with the damaged lid, but no guarantee. Check with Stout for replacement.

$650 40 gallon Stout Brite Tank - Non jacketed. Rated to 15 PSI. Tee at bottom out with sight glass tubing outlet. TC sight glass tubing inlet at neck. 1.5" TC blow-off port. Included: Gas-in valve with diffusion stone. Gas-in valve for pressurizing. 1.5" TC PRV, threaded pressure gauge.

$350 - Huge Brewstand

Can't believe this is still available! Wow!

I am interested, I’m about 1:45 minutes away from you. When can I take a look at your equipment?

Phil Ornelas
83one.90two.59zero7

Latest posts

Back