1/6 Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barcochris

Reaction score
Guys I can get a couple 1/6 kegs for basically free. Is there a easy way to fill these so that I can use them for my Homebrew?

They wont be as easy to fill as a corny... but I'd trade out all my corny's for sankeys if I could find em for a variety of reasons.

Hi guys,
I've been getting my 1/6 kegs from total wine. They are commercial kegs from brewers I am assuming.

Can I apply this method to these or are they protected somehow?

Thanks in advance
Josh

Hi guys,
I've been getting my 1/6 kegs from total wine. They are commercial kegs from brewers I am assuming.

Can I apply this method to these or are they protected somehow?

Thanks in advance
Josh

That's generally not legal and pretty much frowned upon here. Kegs are the property of the brewery or logistic services like MicroStar. Total Wine doesn't own the kegs.

They are actually pretty easy to disassemble and fill as a homebrewer. YouTube some instructional videos and you should be able to figure it out. The only tools you'll need are a flat head screwdriver with a 1/8 in head and a pair of needle nose pliers. Just make sure you relieve the pressure by pushing down in the ball at the top of the spear first (it may shoot beer so cover with a rag first).

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

Back