• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1/2 barrel keg pricing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewser7

Reaction score
I hope this is an ok place to ask this question...

I started searching on CL tonight for some 1/2 barrel kegs. I found them anywhere from $50-$100 each. I'm curious what the "going rate" is for these things. Most of them are AB and I'm not sure if they are "legal" or not. Any insight is appreciated because I haven't been at this long enough to know.

Thanks.

Last week a guy had one posted for 30.00 firm...this week same guy 30.00 obo its all what the market will bear....I got people selling them at thier yard sale out here. I too have seem them for 20.00 on up..The legalitiy issue whole different thing 0_o. I got mine from friends that had stated that they lost thier deposit reciepts so the store couldn't/wouldn't take them back...I heard if you have a local distributer they sale rejects (that work for keggles, HLT/MLT's) for decent prices. Good luck and Don't over spend:D

Offered a guy $30 each for 2. We'll see how it goes.

I talked to the local distributors a couple weeks back and one said they send all legs back to Coors regardless of condition. The other checked but didn't have any at the time. I guess I could keep trying them out and hopefully stumble upon one.

Thanks

Back