Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
This.ia the second time I'm brewing just about the same batch. My O.G on this & my last batch came out with 1.040. Steeped for 25 minutes on both batches.

So... safe to assume you were not looking to hit 1.040 and you want to know why? What was your target OG?

If you post your recipe and process, we can help you with that.

This.ia the second time I'm brewing just about the same batch. My O.G on this & my last batch came out with 1.040. Steeped for 25 minutes on both batches.

We need a question. So you brewed and got 1.040. And this isn't what you wanted? You wanted higher? You wanted lower? You want to know how to fix this? You don't want to fix this but are curious why this happened?

What's your question?

I'm going to go an a limb and guess that you wanted the o.g. to be higher and I'm going to guess that you brewed an extract batch and I am going to guess that you got the low readings because you didn't properly mix your wort. Mix your wort and you readings will be the estimate range given.

But maybe you were asking something else entirely. It's hard to tell without a question being asked.

Latest posts

Back