My Jockey Box Rebuild

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swmalone

Reaction score
So I was at a thrift store a while back and came across this old beat up coleman cooler than had some plastic taps labeled for soda. I go over to it and open it and it is full of hoses, post fittings, a regulator, and at the bottom a grungy looking 5 pass chill plate.

So for $10 I figured what the hell.

This is what I ended up with.

IMG_1088_zpseekhkkbb.jpg.html

http://s76.photobucket.com/user/swmalone/media/IMG_1087_zpsul9mhght.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

I decided to sand it down and fill in some of the bigger dents. I then painted it up and I was at this stage.

IMG_1156_zps2rxag7un.jpg.html

Well I'm also not sure why the images aren't showing up. I'm hosting them in photo bucket and am using the insert image button and copying the URL.

Anyways just in case they start to work when all was said and done after cleaning 20 year old soda out of the lines and chill plates I ended up with a nice set up that I put my VandalEyes PA through.

IMG_1167_zpszfhr3pcv.jpg.html

IMG_1169_zpszamie85h.jpg.html

IMG_1168_zpsx8d1qbez.jpg.html

If the pictures don't work this way you can check this link which discusses the thriftiness and the rebuild. https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/183955/item/3776180#item3776180

Last edited:
You're using the "Email & IM" link, which doesn't seem to show up here. I usually use the "Direct" link and it will automatically be resized, but should show up just fine otherwise.

Looks like a steal at $10. I've tried to get my hands on some of those faucets for soda, but new they're like $90 each from CHI.

Well I may end up selling the faucets I haven't decided yet.

Also thanks for the info about the pictures. To use the direct link do I need to be a forum sponsor?

Also thanks for the info about the pictures. To use the direct link do I need to be a forum sponsor?

Nope.

Pull up the photo you want in your "bucket", Go to the column on the right, and select the bottom one, that says "IMG".

Kinda' like this :

It will momentarily flash "copied", then go to your post and "paste".

Thanks. I imagine I will most likely get rid of the soda faucets at some point. I have cleaned 2 of them, still need to clean the other 2. Ideally I would love to trade them for some beer faucets.

Up near the Idaho border. North of Ogden.

Last edited:
Thanks. I imagine I will most likely get rid of the soda faucets at some point. I have cleaned 2 of them, still need to clean the other 2. Ideally I would love to trade them for some beer faucets.

Like I said, keep me in mind, and good luck with your trade search!

I'd take them dirty, from the hoses out, for the price I mentioned, plus shipping.........;)

Back