Who's druck tonight?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about changing your title for you, but I kinda think "druck" is appropriate, somehow... :drunk:

Me, the MIL is visiting, which presents an interesting conundrum; a stronger DESIRE to drink heavily, but knowing that I really ought to behave myself... :(

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

If there's drunk mofos then why is there no druck chat?

the_bird said:
I was thinking about changing your title for you, but I kinda think "druck" is appropriate, somehow... :drunk:

Me, the MIL is visiting, which presents an interesting conundrum; a stronger DESIRE to drink heavily, but knowing that I really ought to behave myself... :(

Having the MIL visit is always a valid reason to drink heavily. Just take it like a man and drink your beer out of a plastic cup for the evening. For all she knows it's water or soda. Not that I've ever done that before or anything. :D

working on it.

Friday has become my sampling night, lately.
so far:
Schneider weiss - hefe weizen (900 ml)
"Hop Devil" from some brewery in Pennsylvania (@ the pub, forget the name now)
New Glarus "Enigma" (back @ home)
New Glarus "Fat Squirrel"(nothing rare or special, but a personal favorite. I needed something to cut the strongly sour/acidic Enigma).

Still to come:
Westmalle dubbel
Bear Republic "red rooket" (22 oz.)
New Glarus "Belgian Quadruple"

I'll try to post later, maybe. Although I may be rather incoherent.

:mug: to a good Friday HBT
(wish I was brewing)

Woooo Hoooo Octoberfest's are out ToooNiiiite!!! I got Bells and Hofbrauhaus'. and I think that I am in Love......The bells octoberfest it awesome, I just hope that I can save one or two for tomorow. I am sad to say that I think that because the Hofbrau is botttled in green bottles it is a tad skunky :( Oh well

Cheers to being Druck!

Not drunk now but am definitely hung over today from last night. Very unproductive day ahead of me.

DesertBrew said:
Not drunk now but am definitely hung over today from last night. Very unproductive day ahead of me.
Oh contrare...

Sleeping off a hang over is very productive.

My productivity is off the charts today.

[CAVEAT] No amount of homebrew has ever given me a hangover headache. I have however, woken up with a residual buzz from the night before...[/caveat]

No homebrew last night. Went to a friends party and had my share of Stella, Pacifico and Fat Tire. Not sure which one kicked my arse but ugh. :( I think I had more pacifico than anything else. stella was skunked. Oh yea, I did go to the bar later and had micro red's and some pilsners and blondes. In retrospect I know exactly why I feel lick crap.

:cross:

Bah, SWMBO is sick and it's been me and the manic 3yo for the majority of the day...

I started drinking at approx. 3pm CDT...

Druck is a perfect word.

I'm going to go show him the finer aspects of Gran Turismo...

Back later. Maybe. depending on how much more i drink...

;) :D :drunk:

Ize

I am for sure.

Great Lakes Brew Fest > Me. Pictures will be to follow within the next few days. Highlights include a spicy cider. (Cider spiced with a habanero - it was AMAZING)

I was a bit drucker last nite than tonite.

Just got back from a favorite mexican joint and had a "LARGE" Dos Equis.

By large, I mean a 32 Oz'r. Then...the SWMBO asked what the big hubbub was about this Oktoberfest was. So we stopped off and grabbed a 6'r of Sam Adams. Then after about three of those, headed down to the brewshop to do my nightly ritual of sampling everything I have on my 5-tapper.

Then I reached in to the fridge for a vintage bottle of my black pearl porter (circa March). Now I'm feeling that warm and fuzzy, mouth numbing goodness that is...a good beer druck.

I think I'm getting druck tonight. Who's with me?

I have a keg of IPA that needs emptying. There's not much left, but it's always deceiving. Probably not a good idea to float a keg of 8.5% ABV beer by yourself, but I'm up for it.

Hopefully someone will be around chat one night this weekend, so we can get druck together.

Yuri_Rage said:
I think I'm getting druck tonight. Who's with me?

I have a keg of IPA that needs emptying. There's not much left, but it's always deceiving. Probably not a good idea to float a keg of 8.5% ABV beer by yourself, but I'm up for it.

Wow- if you were 2000 miles closer, I'd help you with that. IPA is my all time favorite beer.

By the way, I went to a little microbrew pub in Rhinelander, WI and there is a new bartender. He was working on the sign so I couldn't see it so I asked him what they had on tap. He politely informed me that they just put on a wonderful raspberry wheat. I kind of gagged and said um, no, thanks. He laughed and went through them all- amber light, munich helles, "gangster light" and the wheat. I took the helles, but was wondering what was up with all those light beers. I expected Oktoberfest, or a stout, or an IPA! (The man next to me, though, sounded pretty thrilled with the fruited wheat beer and ordered it.) Why, oh why, must we fruit the beer!!!!!?????

Rant over- I'll get druck, too, and in fact am 1/3 way there!

I wish I could, just failed the crap out of my first test this semester, but have another one at 10 tomorrow.:mad: I really want a beer or three right now.

druck ?

Hey, I'm trying to catch up.

Out of homebrew, so doing a "little" scotch, my second favorite.

Hey, how did you get Hooper to come over.

Yuri_Rage said:
What are you drinking?

I've got a bottle of Macallan 12 yr that needs finishing...

I like (can't remember just now), but I'm not coming over unless Yooper is there.

Sorry, dyed in the wool cat licker.

Will be getting druck tonight, that is for sure. Just found out that I made a *cough* small error and deleted from records from the wrong database. 1,700,000 of them.
This then had a knock-on effect and we are still attempting a fix. The data is not lost but I am hanging out for a beer relax.

I want to go home.

Here I am! Come get me!!!!:D

Actually, I'm just buzzin' right now....but MAAAAAAN! Yesterday was a different story. SWMBO woke up to me sitting on the couch and drinking at 6AM.....I got to watch her do Tae-Bo in the living room ;) I'm on a 7P-7A schedule with work, so I guess it's all relative.....

the_bird said:

Hell, I make it a point to drink while M-I-L is at our place. If they (Yes, I have 2 damn mother-in-laws) come to MY house, I'll do what I damn well please.

I love the looks I get--it makes my whole day.

Just got back from Oktoberfest, NM - a sweet party put on by the German Air Force for those of us unfortunate enough to be stuck in BFE New Mexico. Paulaner Hefe and Oktoberfest flowed so freely that I'm not sure how coherently I'm typing.

SWEET!

Yuri_Rage said:
Just got back from Oktoberfest, NM - a sweet party put on by the German Air Force for those of us unfortunate enough to be stuck in BFE New Mexico. Paulaner Hefe and Oktoberfest flowed so freely that I'm not sure how coherently I'm typing.

SWEET!
Nice.

I just got back from the in-laws house for a nephews 16th birthday. I packed up a 15 pack of my Gold Rush Ale and dropped it into the tub of other micro-brews my BIL had on hand. I just got home and only one of my HB's was left. got compliments on my beer all night long.

You know...those.."you made this?????" kind of compliments?

Sweet. So while everyone else was chugging my homebrew, I helped my self to the commercials (Widmer Wheat, Schlafly's Octoberfest, Guinness Stout in a can, a local micro Pale Ale, etc....)

I get druck. My friends and family get druck (off my homebrew) and best of all, the BIL had smoked like 20 lbs of pork tenderloin and shredded for sandwiches. Man what a feast.

Druck? Why yes I am...

I have a drucking problem. I havn't druck enough homebrew tonight. I'm still servifically pober. :drunk:

I just got rid of a headache for a good HB buzz. I bet later it'll be exchanged for a headache at 4AM.

I look forward to that!!!:tank:

Dude said:
Hell, I make it a point to drink while M-I-L is at our place. If they (Yes, I have 2 damn mother-in-laws) come to MY house, I'll do what I damn well please.

I love the looks I get--it makes my whole day.

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

Amen man.

Ize

Back