sanyo 4912

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennys Fine Consumptibles said:
Ahhh! Thats the size I should have acquired. How many cubic inch?

The Sanyo BC-1206 has an internal capacity of 6.5 cubic feet.

I have my tap parts on order and I am picking up my Sanyo today. For someone with very little "home improvment" skill is this going to be a challenge or a snap? I can't remember the last time I had to drill something, a hammer, nail and screwdriver has been my recent limit.

drilling the hole in the top is a little unnerving... but nothing way out there. As long as you are relatively comfortable with a drill, sabre/chop saw, hammer, screwdriver, and utility knife.. there should be no problems. Its a fun project...

Just ordered my Draft Tower. I have had my Sanyo before I even started brewing. I cannot wait to have it converted to a fully operational KEGERATOR. :ban:

I got a Sanyo last weekend and the tower and parts come in today. I need a quick stop to the hardware store to pick up some stuff(wood, a hole saw, etc.). Tomorrow, probably, I do the mod. If all goes well I should have something on tap by this weekend.

I still need to figure out a local place to get a CO2 refill. Besides welding supply and fire extinguisher suppliers where else should I look?

I just bought one. I pulled out the inside molded door & got a piece of stainless "skin" (1/32" s/s sheet).

Will be initially using as a fermentation chamber, freeing up one of my 5 cu ft freezers (for more kegs).

I put two 5 gal. kegs inside, and they fit nicely. However, I can't quite figure out how to get the 5# CO2 cylinder in there.

I saw a pic of a bunge cord or something ?

Any help would be appreciated.

My wife saw the question I asked, and said: why don't you just try fitting them in there. Duh. They fit very well. CO2 back and center, with 2 cornies on each side in front.
Tax season just ended, so that's my excuse. S/S should look nice on the inside door, even you won't see it most of the time.

BrewerBrewer3401 said:
I just bought one. I pulled out the inside molded door & got a piece of stainless "skin" (1/32" s/s sheet).

Will be initially using as a fermentation chamber, freeing up one of my 5 cu ft freezers (for more kegs).

I put two 5 gal. kegs inside, and they fit nicely. However, I can't quite figure out how to get the 5# CO2 cylinder in there.

I saw a pic of a bunge cord or something ?

Any help would be appreciated.
Put one keg in then the tank in the middle. The second keg will hold it on the ledge.

I'm sure a shortened bungee cord would work well also. I'll check into that myself.

I have a 10# tank so I opted to keep it outside the fridge. I just finished up mine last night, I hope to hook up a couple kegs this evening.

Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

i'm gueesing this is the 4912. so you can fit 2 kegs and a 5# co2 but not a 10#? if you can fit a 10# in there, do you have to pull out the stuff on the door? trying to figure out if i should buy a freezer to convert or a fridge.

I don't think you'd regret the fridge, it's small and portable, you could always get a chest freezer later for aging/lagering/etc. Don't know if the door liner removal would allow the 10# CO2 tank to fit or not. I've removed my door liner, it's not a big deal to do, and could go back in easily enough, too.

Back