Stainless 1/4'' MFL pin lock disconnects?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnef

Reaction score
I've built some direct keg sampling setups using perlick 650ss faucets, and a chi company faucet adapter specifically for the flow control faucets to 1/4'' MFL to attach to the disconnects. All my disconnects are plastic, and I am interested in getting a single stainless ball lock and pin lock liquid disconnect just to make the entire package stainless.

Stainless ball lock disconnects are easy to find and there are many retailers, but I can't seem to find any stainless pin lock 1/4'' MFL liquid disconnects. I will have two complete setups, one for ball lock, and one for pin lock.

This is what I have currently:
17462414201_df22387b62_c.jpg

I actually haven't tested these yet, as I just got all the parts in. I have been using another 650ss flow control as one of my 14 faucets on the walk-in, and it has been working flawlessly there - so much so, that I plan on replacing all my faucets with them, and I've got some original ventmatics, perlick 425ss, as well as perlick 525ss. That will be a gradual process given the costs though.

I will say though, that chi company is the only one that I've found that sold a 1/4'' FFL to faucet adapter that was designed for the flow control, so I expect it to work well. I will test it later when I go in to the walk-in.

Just tested it tonight, and it works well for kegs that have been carbonated to normal levels. I have some kegs that are overcarbed, and it can't compensate for them, it just pours foam slowly. For all the kegs that were carbed properly though, were able to pour exactly as I wanted, and could even pour with no head.

Yea, i've seen those as well, but they only come with a vertical barb, whereas I am looking for a diagonal or horizontal MFL fitting. I am starting to lose hope that anyone has ever manufactured one.

Yes, the 1/4'' adapter is 304 stainless, from chi company, specifically made for the flow control faucets - it needs a deeper cup for the flow control mechanism to work properly.

I definitely can't afford to change out all my pin lock kegs to ball lock kegs, I've got probably around 60 pin lock kegs, maybe more.

Ah well, I might just have to be ok with a plastic pin lock disconnect with everything else stainless. I have the stainless ball lock disconnect on order, so at least that one will be all stainless.

Here is the final product that I was able to accomplish:
17035586573_e395c43ec2_c.jpg

I wasn't able to source a stainless pin lock, but I did get the stainless ball lock, and I like the way it looks. I wish I could find an MFL stainless pin lock to complete both sets in all stainless!

Just tested it tonight, and it works well for kegs that have been carbonated to normal levels. I have some kegs that are overcarbed, and it can't compensate for them, it just pours foam slowly. For all the kegs that were carbed properly though, were able to pour exactly as I wanted, and could even pour with no head.

Just saw this post -- still working well I imagine? Fantastic. Think I'll go a setup like this soon. Hate dealing with half a beer in tubing when all I want is half a pint sometimes!

Yup. I don't use them very often, but when I need to go in to the walk-in cooler to check on some kegs, I'll take these setups with me, and sample as I need. It is much better than 6-8 ft of tubing with a picnic tap for me. These were expensive to set up, but they are very convenient for this purpose.

This is the exact setup that I'm looking to do. I can't find the specific faucet adapter for the 650ss. Does anyone have a link to the part or a part number?

I made some changes, as well as found the stainless pin lock disconnect. Here is the current state of my direct draw gadgets:
26903723424_d93586eee9_c.jpg

lol! Seriously, your massive array of faucets isn't enough, now you're direct-tapping kegs in the cold room? :D

Cheers! ;)

Haha. This makes sampling in the walk-in a lot easier. I've got over 70 kegs in there, and can only have 14 on tap at a time, so when I want to check on how things are aging, these really do come in handy.

Also, when I bring beer to the club meetings, now I just bring a keg and one of these, and just have the members pour their own directly from the keg. The only problem I have is that I don't transfer the beer to new kegs after they drop clear all the time, so sometimes they pour really cloudy at first. As long as they are carbonated properly these 650ss faucets do a great job at doing a solid pour directly from the keg.

I made some changes, as well as found the stainless pin lock disconnect. Here is the current state of my direct draw gadgets:

Looks perfect, where did you find it for sale? I need one of these as well for transferring hot wort. Ball lock looks easy to find as you noted, and while I can find one with a barb inlet for about $50, hoping to get MFL so I can transfer to ball lock or pin lock as I need.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back