Lots of condensation in keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Verio

Reaction score
So, I finally completed my keezer this weekend, but after two days of running, I'm noticing pools of water forming inside, on the hump and in the bottom. I've got a can of that wetrid stuff, that is supposed to absorb water, but it doesn't seem to be working all that well.

How can I lower the amount of condensation?

Thanks!

Excessive condensation indicates that there is an air leak somewhere. It only requires a tiny pinhole leak to cause problems. The first place to check would be the lid seal. The next most likely suspect would be the collar if you have one installed. Try putting a bright light inside the freezer. Darken the room and inspect closely. Sometimes you can spot tiny leaks this way. Something as small as a controller probe lead under the lid seal can create a path for moist air to infiltrate the freezer.

Very little condensation forms in my serving freezer even after many months of operation. It also depends on the relative humidity of the air and how frequently you open the freezer.

If yours is accumulating that much condensation in only two days of running, there is definitely a leak somewhere. I do not use Damp Rid or any similar product. Never found it necessary to do so.

Excessive condensation indicates that there is an air leak somewhere. It only requires a tiny pinhole leak to cause problems. The first place to check would be the lid seal. The next most likely suspect would be the collar if you have one installed. Try putting a bright light inside the freezer. Darken the room and inspect closely. Sometimes you can spot tiny leaks this way. Something as small as a controller probe lead under the lid seal can create a path for moist air to infiltrate the freezer.

Very little condensation forms in my serving freezer even after many months of operation. It also depends on the relative humidity of the air and how frequently you open the freezer.

If yours is accumulating that much condensation in only two days of running, there is definitely a leak somewhere. I do not use Damp Rid or any similar product. Never found it necessary to do so.

Hmm I didn't realize that air leaks would be such a big deal. I just pulled out the sealant gun and realized there's all sorts of holes and what not in the collar and lid. It should be mostly patched up now!

Thanks for the help!

Back