Electric 1.5 BBL Upgrade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply. What pump were you using?

I have two march pumps. Just used a threaded TC fitting to connect to the pumps. The inlet and outlet of the pump are smaller than an inch (can't remember exactly, 1/2" maybe), but it works fine.

What a read, start to finish! Really useful information for us chasing the same dream. You getting close to your projected upgrade? Hope it is going better than expected. I read recently one of the hardest things when getting started is the demand. Brewers say that they under estimated the demand for their beer. So cool, thanks for all the info.

What a read, start to finish! Really useful information for us chasing the same dream. You getting close to your projected upgrade? Hope it is going better than expected. I read recently one of the hardest things when getting started is the demand. Brewers say that they under estimated the demand for their beer. So cool, thanks for all the info.

Thanks for reading. Things are going quite well. We broke my business plan first year goal which is good and the company made a small profit, which I am very happy with. I am constantly reinvesting in the company so I could have made a larger profit if I had been a cheap a$$. I have decided not to upgrade the system at my current location. My new plan is to open a second location and install a larger system there. After looking at all the costs of literally squeezing a maximum 7 BBL system in, I realized for not much more I could have a 30 BBL system and a second tasting room.

So right now I'm focused on growing towards that. In the short term I am looking at doing some contract brewing with a larger brewery to keg my product out to more locations and start getting my distribution channels set up and functional before I pull the trigger on a pricey new place.

Good luck with your dreams my friend!

Back