Pete's Wicked going down!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowhere

Reaction score
I picked up a sixer of their Strawberry Blonde today and the store owner told me Pete's was going out of biz! :( I looked deeper into it and I guess it was sold to Gambrinus back in 98, and it never again had the popularity it had before the sell. So they are discontinueing the brand. Too bad, I started homebrewing back in the 90's mainly because I was trying to make a Pete's Wicked Ale clone. I will have to try and see if I can brew a Strawberry Blonde Ale now as I do like it as my 'light' beer!

I picked up a sixer of their Strawberry Blonde today and the store owner told me Pete's was going out of biz! :( I looked deeper into it and I guess it was sold to Gambrinus back in 98, and it never again had the popularity it had before the sell. So they are discontinueing the brand. Too bad, I started homebrewing back in the 90's mainly because I was trying to make a Pete's Wicked Ale clone. I will have to try and see if I can brew a Strawberry Blonde Ale now as I do like it as my 'light' beer!

That sux. They use to me one of my favorites and I was hoping to make some clones.

no more petes at my local store, picked up a sixer a month ago and I'm slowly reminiscing the good times we had in the 90's.

I still see them in the stores around here but was never a huge fan. Abita's harvest strawberry blew Petes out of the water. However, it is unfortunate to see any Craft brew bite the dust.

Latest posts

Back