ShamWow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerrific

Reaction score
This commercial really cracks me up.

[youtube]Ns4mnmNBk1Y[/youtube]

Favorite quotes:
"Made in Germany. You know the Germans always make good stuff."
"You following me camera guy?" (I have been saying this to SWMBO all week.)

And this one is good too:
[youtube]rUbWjIKxrrs[/youtube]

Maybe the best informercial line ever:
"And watch this. Tacos, fredducini [sic], linguine, martini, bikini."

[QUOTE
"You following me camera guy?" (I have been saying this to SWMBO all week.)
QUOTE]

That's hysterical.

Something about that guy that makes me unable to stop watching him (am I gay? :( )

I must say, I like his sales style (on TV, I'd run away in person) much better than the guy who yells. This guy is not too bad a salesman IMO but I can't help but think of some kid on a Philly/NY street corner whenever I see him.

LOL! "Stop having a boring tuna, you're gonna stop having a boring life! Couple of slaps...see, exciting tuna!"

My favorite is "call within the next 20 minutes, I mean, we can't do this all day".

This time limit thing is an awesome tactic. Of course there really is no time limit. The numbers all go into a call center supporting thousands of as seen on TV products. It's based on the idea that if the potential customer doesn't call right away, they'll be distracted by the next whatever and never call. Aha, give them incentive to call right away.

anyone ever use one of these?

which one the slap chop or shamwow? friend has bought the shamwow and it works great. but they do have generic versions that work just as well. the slap chop is nothing new. you can pick them up at target i think.

anyone ever use one of these?

I've got something that looks exactly like the slap chop, and it's pretty bitchin I have to say. Garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, nuts, anything that you need to chop that is a PITA is done in seconds. I think the one I got was 10 bucks at some store, and has lasted a couple of years so far. Pretty good deal, and I use it at least once a week.

the slap chop is nothing new. you can pick them up at target i think.

Did you not watch the infomercial? :cross:
Those cannot be opened to clen and put bacteria in your food. They make you want to toss them over your shoulder into the sink.

Shamwow... A beer bottle that can't be broken.... Could easily sneak into stadium... hmm...

Did you not watch the infomercial? :cross:
Those cannot be opened to clen and put bacteria in your food. They make you want to toss them over your shoulder into the sink.

hahaha isnt that what the dish washer is for? hahahaha

The "Ya following me camera guy" is great. If I was the camera guy it would be a different story...
A**H**e, I have a freaking 30lb camera on my shoulder and your playing with a shamwow. How bout we switch and you carry this on your shoulder or I replace your crazy eyed face with the camera, then we can see how the shamwow does with body fluids.

Some informercial things don't interest me, but Shamwow and the Slider station are two that I want.

But come on, the family is great. He did sell Oxy clean:cross:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLs5CONwOrg]YouTube - Billy Mays ESPN360.com Intro[/ame]

Seriously, I think if someone found a way to get Billy Mays and Vince "the Sham-Wow Guy" in the same location for a quick two-for-one execution, Congress would name a national holiday after the assassin. You'd get a Tom Cruise movie out of it ... ok, let's be a realistic, it'll be William Petersen in a made-for-TV-movie, but still...

I like Billy Mays. When I was living in CA, his voice reminded me of back home. I wish I could put Billy Mays under my pillow so his sultry voice could hawk me gently to sleep.

wow. ya got me there :eek:

btw:

2rx6t4z.jpg

The original informercials may have fried my brains... so here is an amusing parody.

[youtube]-A9fmnAsgdg[/youtube]

Back