Pumpkin ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micah

Reaction score
Anyone ever brew a Shipyard Pumphin head clone? We really like this drink this time of year and id like to clone this beer. Most of these winter spice or pumpkin style beers tend to be darker not light like this beer. I usually dont like spiced beers unless it a "Wit" and i like my ambers malty not spicy. any recipies for a Light colored Ale with pumpkin spice?

there are already a fair few pumpkin recipes google pumkin beer brewtalk or i think they might be under veg in the recipes section but i think your to late to brew for this halloween/chirstmass from what ive read if you brew now your looking a oct 2011

you could just brew up a light ale like one of these: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/?daysprune=-1&order=desc&sort=replycount

then add spices at the end of your boil. You could have that ready by halloween if you get on it today.

search "pumpkin ale" at the top of this forum, find a recipe and use the spice instructions, typically cinamon, nutmeg etc. during the last 5 minutes.

Funny, i JUST had a shipyard pumpkin head ale on saturday. I didn't find it particularly light colored for a pumpkin beer...it was the same color in fact as the Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale I had saturday (can you tell I was tasting various pumpkin brews?)

I'm sure there are darker examples out there. the brew I made last year was based on the number 1 recipe in the database here. Its either Yoopers or Yuri's recipe...I can't remember which. But you wanna read that thread for sure!

and I did my spice addition in secondary, steeped as a tea then cooled and added to the carboy.

Back