My Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronin

Reaction score
Hello folks, :)
Hey I have a lager in secondary now for 6 days... It has been clearing nicely, but seems to have stopped. I have never seen this before.

I am used to just the entire volume clearing at the same time until it is very clear all the way down to the cake,
but in this case it looks like it is slowly falling.

Is this odd? I'm being a beginner Nervous Nelly maybe? :confused:

here is a pick. It is extremely clear in the top more than half, then very cloudy below that... I have been checking it every day and does not seem to be moving at all in the last 3 days....

DSCN5889.jpg

DSCN5890.jpg

thanks,

did you drop the temp down to the 30's?

and no ive never seen the beer striate like that, but i also don't look all that often.

No not the 30's . It was a kit that used ale yeast, and so the directions called for in the 70's for fermentation. I did that for 10 days until FG was reached then secondary in the unfinished part of my basement, which is probably about 58

well, im scared of having to dump this. I will leave it for another week or two and see what happens,...

No not the 30's . It was a kit that used ale yeast, and so the directions called for in the 70's for fermentation. I did that for 10 days until FG was reached then secondary in the unfinished part of my basement, which is probably about 58

It's an ale not a lager.;)

Back