My new 1 Gallon Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zazbnf

Reaction score
Just wanted to share a pic of my new 1 Gallon keg I bought through the classifieds here. I just changed out the original gas post with a ball lock gas fitting.

14j98is.jpg

Can't wait to try it out.

I got one of those too, can you post up a parts list to add the ball lock gas fitting?

I got one of those too, can you post up a parts list to add the ball lock gas fitting?

Sure,

You need a 1/8"MPT to 1/4"MFL adapter I got mine is brass from Menards. This will screw into the keg.

I should mention the standard gas fitting was very hard to remove. I had to heat it up to get it out. even then it was pretty mangled.

Then add one of these:
http://www.northernbrewer.com/default/adapter-for-corny-plugs-1-4-ffl-x-19-32-18.html

I had an old damaged keg I took the ball lock gas fitting from to complete the conversion. If you have to buy one it is this one that fits this adapter:
http://www.northernbrewer.com/default/plug-assembly-gas-type-b-all-cornelius-ball-lock.html

good luck.

Looks great. I want some of these. I stopped doing small batches when I started kegging and id like to get back to it.

-Andy

Modified it tonight to add a 40psi pressure relief valve.

33jtjjk.jpg

What flavor keg did you get? Mine was very distinctly vanilla. I took the original weird 1/8npt fitting out of the lid no problem. Unscrewed with a wrench, I did soak in oxy first, not sure if that loosed up the dried syrup. That's a good idea with the pressure releif, I have a spare 50psi one, did you use a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter then a 1/4 T ?

What flavor keg did you get? Mine was very distinctly vanilla. I took the original weird 1/8npt fitting out of the lid no problem. Unscrewed with a wrench, I did soak in oxy first, not sure if that loosed up the dried syrup. That's a good idea with the pressure releif, I have a spare 50psi one, did you use a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter then a 1/4 T ?

Mine is Vanilla also, I am trying to get the smell out of it now. As for the pressure valve, all the parts are 1/8npt I had to order them from McMaster-Carr but it was pretty reasonable $8.10 + shipping for the coupler, T-fitting, and pressure valve.

I have been looking for more of these for the past year as well. The 1 Gallon version are very hard to come by. I thought I had found another one that by the picture appeared to be the same. I bought it, however when it arrived, it was actually the 2 gallon version.

I did contact the Taylor distributer for my area and they gave me a part number of 045533 for the 1 gallon keg however the price for a new one is $163.39 ea + shipping charges.

Considering you would need another $30 or so in parts to convert it with a ball lock gas fitting. You would be over $200 going the new route.

Back