Why I Like Home Brew Town

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I like to think of HBT as Home Brew Town. It's a whole society I can communicate with on my screen. Sorta like an ant farm, or aquarium, or Sim City, but with real players. If you are a student of sociology, you can sit back and watch the city dynamics through this 21" window; it's fun as long as you remember it's just a game - no point in getting emotionally involved.

A cross section of Home Brew Town is just like any other city. You've got the people you trust, and those you're not sure of. Noobs moving in, senior citizens that don't come out much anymore. There's a couple of nutjobs that spout complete nonsense all day on the corner, but they are mostly harmless and add a bit of color to my Home Brew Town (I try to ignore them, but sometimes they are funny, sometimes just odd).

The cops/mods randomly patrol the streets of Home Brew Town. Sometimes there's a Rodney King beatdown, but mostly they're just. I think they are taking nips while patrolling, so they really are more like mall cops.

Home Brew Town has a small group of active clergy, but also there's a bar on every corner, and even those clergy encourage drinking on a very regular basis. And they look the other way when the subject of the "seedier" parts of town come up, places that make a sailor blush.

I think the town is growing, so the State of the Union is good. The president doesn't actually give this speech, but occasionally he can be seen on one street or another giving a brief royal handwave to the cityfolk. The young president looks oddly like Herman Hesse.

Anyway, it's fun to be here. :mug:

Great analysis. A buddy actually just asked me last night what pushed me over the edge to become an active participant instead of a forum freeloader / lurker. I will direct him to this post.

I would also be curious if we have the same people in mind for your various descriptions. I'd bet we do, haha.

applause.gif

Very well put. It's bad that I got a visual while reading that. CreamyGoodness and LGI were definitely on the street corners yelling. Zul'jin was on the couch as a senior. Revvy was in the church that was a front for a bar. Yooper was living in the outskirts of town fishing and growing food.

Very well put. It's bad that I got a visual while reading that. CreamyGoodness and LGI were definitely on the street corners yelling. Zul'jin was on the couch as a senior. Revvy was in the church that was a front for a bar. Yooper was living in the outskirts of town fishing and growing food.

Can I just say what an honor it is to be listed in the same breath as LGI? :rockin:

Well done Passedpawn! You have very creative mind. And as someone already noted your thoughts put visions in my head with the words that you said.

I would like to be the postman.

I've always believed that the smiley guy walking from house to house in that uniform was making time with all the bored women. Special delivery guy, that's me. Hmmm, postage due. "Gotta package for ya ma'am". See, endless possibilities there. "Why yes, I would like to try your cookies".

Walmart? Target? This place is Nordstrom. Nord with an Ace hardware and a feed store. One of them where you can buy exotic chickens that aren't really chickens.

Nordstram's is way to expensive for my taste. I'd go more for an old fashion Sears or Wards, as you could get EVERYTHING from those stores. And even had a mail in catalog. There is an Ace Hardware out in Salina, Ks that sells just about everything, clothes, firearms, some groceries, and well, hardware. Maybe like that.

I was thinking I'd like the milkman gig, but Dan beat me to it. So I'll just stay as the Town Drunk who had his chance but somebody beat him to it. And instead of trying is just going to waller and drown in misery in the bottle. Give me a beer!

There was a hardware store in Jefferson, La that sold guns. And a gas station in Boutte. Yeah HBT would have some gun stores. How about when Western Auto sold guns?

We'd all have lawns of grain in HBT too.

There was a hardware store in Jefferson, La that sold guns. And a gas station in Boutte. Yeah HBT would have some gun stores. How about when Western Auto sold guns?

We'd all have lawns of grain in HBT too.

And we could shape our hop vines into shrubbery

Excellent thread. I don't know who I am in particular, so probably just another guy in the town...and I'm ok with that.

You do of course realize that if this was a real town, Cheezy and I would be within a short drive of each other. Think on that for a bit...

You do of course realize that if this was a real town, Cheezy and I would be within a short drive of each other. Think on that for a bit...

Who the hell decided Shecky could be a mod? I go on ONE little vacation and the whole town goes to hell.

Back