what should i grill tonight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweet breads boil in beer 10 min cut into bite size or so grill 10 min take off wrap in bacon re season 10 more min and your good you cant over cook them so grill away

when in doubt, I go for a frenched rack of lamb, cut into chops, rubbed with a crushed clove of garlic, seasoned with some ground sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. grill on high, 2 min and flip, for a total of 8 minutes rotate a bit to give crossed grill marks, each flip splash a little pale ale on em. I toss some fresh sliced veggies into a grill basket and season w/ salt and pepper. when those are done give em a splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
yum.

129158574907568286.jpg

so what did you grill?

NY Strips w/ peppers, onions and tomatoes in a grill basket.
Had a few Terrapin Rye Pale Ales too.

Tonight I plan to stuff a few jalepenos with ham and smoked cheddar and then stuff those into a couple red bell peppers with potatoes, cheddar and bacon. Put them on the grill for around 15 - 20 minutes. mmmm
well that's the plan as long as the rain clears out anyway.

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short here but I'll throw in my 2-cents worth... I've been trying to eat a little healthier but still love to grill as much as possible... I grilled some mahi-mahi the other night and it was excellent... I marinated the fish for about 2 hours in a mix of balsamic vinegar, EVOO, a splash of lime juice, a couple cloves of minced garlic, and some dried basil and rosemary. I also tossed some asparagus in a similar mix, minus the dried basil and rosemary and threw that on the grill a few minutes before the fish was done. My wife cut up some sweet potatoes into chunks and roasted them in the oven, and we had one helluva delicious but still quite healthy meal that required very little prep. I grilled the fish over direct heat but I didn't use a whole lot of charcoal so it wasn't insanely hot. It took about 15 minutes to cook and I also had a couple chunks of maple wood mixed in, so it picked up a hint of smoke as well.

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short here but I'll throw in my 2-cents worth... I've been trying to eat a little healthier but still love to grill as much as possible... I grilled some mahi-mahi the other night and it was excellent... I marinated the fish for about 2 hours in a mix of balsamic vinegar, EVOO, a splash of lime juice, a couple cloves of minced garlic, and some dried basil and rosemary. I also tossed some asparagus in a similar mix, minus the dried basil and rosemary and threw that on the grill a few minutes before the fish was done. My wife cut up some sweet potatoes into chunks and roasted them in the oven, and we had one helluva delicious but still quite healthy meal that required very little prep. I grilled the fish over direct heat but I didn't use a whole lot of charcoal so it wasn't insanely hot. It took about 15 minutes to cook and I also had a couple chunks of maple wood mixed in, so it picked up a hint of smoke as well.

that sounds pretty damn tasty. swmbo hates seafood so i'll have to wait til she goes to her mother's to try it... or maybe toss some hot dogs on beside it for her :p

Yet again I find myself wondering what I should grill tonight. I have a few magic hat beers and a bigfoot or 2 sitting in my frig at home, so maybe something to go with one of those... or something random.. i'm not averse to picking up another 6 pack of bottles to recycle... but ah yeah.. food... what should I eat?

sweet breads boil in beer 10 min cut into bite size or so grill 10 min take off wrap in bacon re season 10 more min and your good you cant over cook them so grill away

I have no idea what you just said....:confused:

I agree - but it has bacon, so it must be good!

translation (maybe?): "sweet brauts (italian sausage); boiled in beer for 10 minutes; cut into bite size pieces and grill for about 10 minutes. Take off of grill and wrap in bacon, season if desired, and grill for about 10 more minutes."

:D

I agree - but it has bacon, so it must be good!

translation (maybe?): "sweet brauts (italian sausage); boiled in beer for 10 minutes; cut into bite size pieces and grill for about 10 minutes. Take off of grill and wrap in bacon, season if desired, and grill for about 10 more minutes."

:D

that makes way more sense...
love bacon...

Here is what a couple of us guys constucted last week end. Take a brat, slice it almost all the way through long wise. get a package of cream cheese, let soften. slice up some jelopeno and mix in with cream cheese.stuff the brat with the cream cheese mix. Then wrap the brat tightly with bacon securing with tooth picks. Grill till fully cooked. Then here's the kicker, i didnt think i would like but OMG its yummie. Take a big hoggie roll, lay the filled brat on it. top it with bush's baked beans and sweet coleslaw. I wish my camara pics turned out. I wasnt really hot on the idea of beans and slaw, but it evens out the heat from the jalopeno's. My buddy whom created it calls it the F@#$ing A right Doggie, cus that was the words expressed after tasting!!! wash down with beer of choice, and call your cardiologist!!!!:rockin:

Sweetbreads are the thymus (throat sweetbread) and the pancreas (heart or stomach sweetbread), especially of the calf and lamb (although beef and pork sweetbreads are also eaten).

The "heart" sweetbreads are more spherical in shape, and surrounded symmetrically by the "throat" sweetbreads, which are more cylindrical in shape.

One common preparation of sweetbreads involves soaking in salt water, then poaching in milk, after which the outer membrane is removed. Once dried and chilled, they are often breaded and fried. They are also used for stuffing or in pâtés. They are grilled in many Latin American cuisines, such as in the Argentine asado, and served in bread in Turkish cuisine.

The word "sweetbread" is first attested in the 16th century, but the logic behind the name is unclear.[1] However, the etymology of the word "sweetbread" is thought to be of Old English origin. "Sweet" is probably used since the thymus are sweet and rich tasting, as opposed to savory tasting muscle flesh.[2] "Bread" may come from Old English word "bræd" 'flesh.

Sweetbreads are the thymus (throat sweetbread) and the pancreas (heart or stomach sweetbread), especially of the calf and lamb (although beef and pork sweetbreads are also eaten).

The "heart" sweetbreads are more spherical in shape, and surrounded symmetrically by the "throat" sweetbreads, which are more cylindrical in shape.

One common preparation of sweetbreads involves soaking in salt water, then poaching in milk, after which the outer membrane is removed. Once dried and chilled, they are often breaded and fried. They are also used for stuffing or in pâtés. They are grilled in many Latin American cuisines, such as in the Argentine asado, and served in bread in Turkish cuisine.

The word "sweetbread" is first attested in the 16th century, but the logic behind the name is unclear.[1] However, the etymology of the word "sweetbread" is thought to be of Old English origin. "Sweet" is probably used since the thymus are sweet and rich tasting, as opposed to savory tasting muscle flesh.[2] "Bread" may come from Old English word "bræd" 'flesh.

Thanks for the clarification! :mug: (although I think brats would be better :D)

This is an answer with a VERY simple question, whatever is on sale :D

Last time it was these gorgeous T-bones, HUGE tenderloin on those babies, tehy were cut an inch thick, 2 of them were 3.x pounds total for $6.99 a pound.

Time before it was these awesome Ribeyes, $5.99 a pound. Before that it was the big shrimp believe they were like U12's or something like that for $4.99. And tonight when I stop at the store on my way home, it will be something else I'm sure. I'm kinda hoping to see some beef tenderloin. They had some 5 oz filet mignon's wrapped with bacon a couple months ago for $2.99 for 2! I bought all they'd let me get (limit 5) then sent the wife in for 5, then my son went in clutching a $20 to get 5 more.

Latest posts

Back