Name this cat.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unusual names are always the best, they make people ask. My dogs name was Dresser(he still had his ears, tail and pecans) the cats name was FIDO(Freakin Insecure Dog Ornament) and the bird was Iree(Jamacin for cool). Or just keep it short and sweet. it will be easier to get out the first time she runs up your leg.

Just a quick update...we have decided to name her Trub. Lots of reasons, but the most important one is that she's Trubble. Kudos for that suggestion! It really fits.

Thanks for everyone's input. Pics soon.

Here's a pic, as promised:

loltrub.jpg

Heh, heh. Yeah, we made a lol cat of her. Hell, we don't have a kitten very often. It's our only chance for fame on icanhascheezburger. Gots to cash in on the cute while we can...:D

Trub is doing fine. She's playing well with others and now it sounds like bowling balls with claws going down our long hall with hardwood floors. I swear they went nine frames early this morning. Trub's happy and healthy. Growing like a weed!

Update...

Our little rescued kitty, Trub, is now about 7 months old. She recovered well and quickly from the warble that almost killed her. A few weeks ago, when we took her in to get her fixed, the vet said something like "What a beautiful Maine Coon!"

Huh?

I mean, we had noticed that she seemed to grow a little faster than other cats I've had. And we kept asking each other, "Geez, where'd she get that tail?" (Seriously, it looked like some demented scientist had sewn a fox tail to a regular cat.)

So we looked it up. Yup, she meets all the breed requirements. Plus, she has the "Maine Coon personality" to boot. Whaddaya know? It appears that we rescued a cat descended from those the Vikings brought to North America in open boats. Weird.

Anyhow, a pic is worth a thousand words. Here are a couple I snapped today:

trubsmall.jpg

This is a more usual pose and gives a hint of her personality:
trubsmall2.jpg

I'm sure she will be a big "help" when I brew up a honey porter here in a couple of weeks.

Jill- this is funny, but I just showed the pix to my hubby and he said, "Wow- you have an HBTer that has a Maine Coon?" without reading any of the text at all. We adopted our cat a couple of years ago, just based on her personality in the shelter- she's a sweetheard. And, yep, she's a Maine Coon cat, too. Great pets!

DSCF39931.JPG

Back