Its a Good Day to Be Working with Me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Put together two cases of beer and cider that I am giving to colleagues who work on the same floor as I do. Two of them don't drink so am giving them fruit and muffins, but everyone else gets beer and cider.

four-packs-small-1-13-58146.jpg

beer-1-13-small-58145.jpg

Everyone's getting two ciders and one of each of the beers. I also put together a little sheet that says

Full Moon Cider
Light, semi-dry, low alcohol, easy-to-drink cider. Very Americana - in colonial times, barley (used to brew beer) was difficult to grow along the eastern seaboard, but every farm had apple trees, so cider was prevalent. ln our version, we don't use any chemical stabilizers or additives, just apples and yeast.

Cream Stout
Sweet stout is sometimes called milk or cream stout, because lactose is added to the boil. Lactose is an unfermentable sugar, so the yeast doesn't convert it and it adds sweetness and body to the beer. A very dark, sweet, full-bodied, slightly roasty ale - I liken the flavors to a sweetened espresso. This beer won a silver medal at the 2012 Chicago Cup Challenge.

Nelson Sauvin Pale Ale
An American-style pale ale, this beer features the Nelson Sauvin hops from New Zealand. These hops give a fruity aroma and flavor, as well as bitterness, but unlike the typical American hops, the fruitiness isn't citrus or grapefruit, but more tropical, like mango. Many organic hops are grown in New Zealand, where the bugs that afflict hops in the US and Europe haven't taken hold.

Notes
Both of the beers are made with organic grains, malts and hops. Our beer and cider is also bottle conditioned; some commercial breweries do this, like Sierra Nevada, Bells, and almost every Belgian brewery. Due to the bottle conditioning, you'll note that there is a thin dusting of yeast at the bottom of your bottle - when you pour the beer into your glass, leave 1/2 inch in the bottom. The yeast won't harm you but will make your beer cloudy if you pour it into the glass.

Nice! Makes me wish I worked with you...

Here at my work if I were to bring beer in for co-workers I would be fired on the spot.

Very nice! Are they bottle conditioned? I always had a hard time giving people my bottle conditioned beers and explaining to them not to pour the entire contents into the glass unless they want a case of the hershey squirts...

Is that the Nelson APA that you have posted on your website? Looks good, need to make it for summer time.

Wow. I sometimes give a 6-pack of stout to a couple of guys at work. Nothing like this though!

I really need to work harder on making up some nice-looking labels.

classy move, pappers!

i made the mistake of bringing beer to a few of my favorite co-workers... then they went off and told others, now everyone wants to know when they can expect their delivery. greedy bastards - the beer is mine, ALL MINE!!! :D

here is the write-up i included:

How to best enjoy a homebrew:
1. Chill
Ideally, the beer should be refrigerated for 48 hours before consumption. Spending longer in the fridge won’t hurt. If you have space, store the beer in the fridge until you’re ready to drink it.
2. Use a glass
Pour the beer in a glass; do not drink from the bottle. The lees (yeast slurry) has settled at the bottom of the bottle and it should be left behind. Yeast is perfectly safe to drink, in fact in contains a lot of B vitamins, but it will interfere with the desired taste of the beer. Drinking directly from the bottle will result in kicking up the yeast and putting it back in suspension.
3. Leave a little behind
When pouring the beer, leave ¼ to ½ an inch of beer in the bottle. If you look through the neck of the bottle as you pour, you will see the yeast advancing as you get to the end. Stop pouring before the sludge reaches the neck and is poured out.

The beers:
- “Split Allegiances” Mosaic & Simcoe IPA, 6.5% ABV. Made with two new and very pungent hop varieties, expect a strong aroma and a piney & fruity taste. Fairly bitter, as an IPA should be.
– “Random Belgian” blond ale, 6.6% ABV. While IPAs are driven by hops, Belgian beers get their distinctive taste from yeast. The beer has a slight spicy flavor to it, due to the yeast and the use of coriander. This beer is relatively sweet.

Pappers_, wasn't it you who brought that bottle of Utpoias clone to Yoopers house that day last summer? I'd like to get that recipe. Sorry to go OT, but it just crossed my mind again and I had to strike while the iron was hot, so to speak.

Put together two cases of beer and cider that I am giving to colleagues who work on the same floor as I do. Two of them don't drink so am giving them fruit and muffins, but everyone else gets beer and cider.

four-packs-small-1-13-58146.jpg

beer-1-13-small-58145.jpg

Everyone's getting two ciders and one of each of the beers. I also put together a little sheet that says
hey! you looking for a welding job in MN? I'd be happy if you did! hahaha!!

Pappers_, wasn't it you who brought that bottle of Utpoias clone to Yoopers house that day last summer? I'd like to get that recipe. Sorry to go OT, but it just crossed my mind again and I had to strike while the iron was hot, so to speak.

It wasn't me, sorry.

Very nice! Are they bottle conditioned? I always had a hard time giving people my bottle conditioned beers and explaining to them not to pour the entire contents into the glass unless they want a case of the hershey squirts...

Yes, they are bottle conditioned. I've got a little note on the bottle about pouring into a glass and leaving 1/2 inch, and also explain it a little more fully on the info sheet I put into each four pack. But, I'm sure there will be some who drink straight from the bottle - nothing to do about that.

Is that the Nelson APA that you have posted on your website? Looks good, need to make it for summer time.

It is. We're almost out of it now, and last night my wife told me that I should make more of it - she generally likes my beer, but doesn't usually request anything (except for cider). So, I guess I'll be making more of it soon.

Fair play Pappers! You're a gent. Did you make the cardboard carry packs or where'd u get them?

Back