I just scored free cornies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyer

Reaction score
I never get lucky and get free stuff or great deals so I have to brag now that I finally had some luck. I was talking to a friend about finding a few more cornie kegs and he told me that he knows where there is an old restaurant that has several kegs sitting outside. He said they have been out there for over 5 years and he knows the owner. I asked him to call the guy to see if he would be willing to sell them to me and the guy said that he has had the kegs for many years and won't ever use them so I could have them for free. I offered to pay him something and the guy refused and told me that if I don't take them they are getting bulldozed with the building. I went there and got 10 pepsi kegs! :ban:

I started to clean them up tonight and man were they covered with spiders and webs. They look good now though but I need to get new orings before I can use them. I'm so happy, I really needed 2 more kegs. I got a pipeline going and ran out.

I never get lucky and get free stuff or great deals so I have to brag now that I finally had some luck. I was talking to a friend about finding a few more cornie kegs and he told me that he knows where there is an old restaurant that has several kegs sitting outside. He said they have been out there for over 5 years and he knows the owner. I asked him to call the guy to see if he would be willing to sell them to me and the guy said that he has had the kegs for many years and won't ever use them so I could have them for free. I offered to pay him something and the guy refused and told me that if I don't take them they are getting bulldozed with the building. I went there and got 10 pepsi kegs! :ban:

Where do you live? I want free kegs!

I had to brag a little to people who would appreciate something so great. I called my wife immediately to tell her the great news and she didn't seem nearly as thrilled as I was. All she said was, "oh, I'm happy for you now can you keg the rye IPA?"

Back