Group buy in Chicago #10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmason1623

Reaction score
Group buy in Chicago #10 is underway. Please refer all inquiries in the Chicago Home Brewers Group forum (link is in my sig) instead of HBT. Everyone is welcomed to participate. Below is the grain buy app login link:

chicagohomebrewers.org/grain

Thanks as always Bill!

I'm interested in getting some Starsan and PBW. Does anyone want to split/share some? If so, am I doing the splits myself or does the new website have that capability?

Thanks,

Mike

April 6th the buy will close. Delivery is usually 3-4 weeks after that depending how fast people pay up.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Home Brew mobile app

Hmmmm I'm tempted! I still have a lot of 2-row, but burned through my MO very quickly! I could use some Midnight Wheat as I have been brewing a lot of Black IPAs mmmm. Need to brew some more!

Cheesecake - I still have your sack of 2-row!

If you add something to the cart and leave it in by the end of the buy, you are making a commitment to completing the purchase. If you aren't actually going to participate and go through with a purchase, clear out your cart before the buy closes.

That's a good point. Please do not just "play around" with the ordering app if you have no intention on actually buying anything. That is very disruptive given how large these buys are.

we're approaching 17,000 lbs of total stuff ordered. You home brewers are insane...

just approved a couple of new group buy app requests. we are less than 1 sack shy of 18,000 lbs of total items ordered.

We've broken the 19,000 lbs threshold of total items ordered. Crazy...

I think the record is still in progress.

Actually, gb#8 was 24,000 lbs. That was the buy from spring 2013 when everyone thought that group buys would be no more because of CMC's new policy.

Let's get to closing them splits. Open splits are dropped. Also, clear out your cart if you do not intend to make a purchase. If not, we will all speak ill of your beer, even if it's a 40 pts winner.

First time participating, I know the buy is closed now, so how do I go ahead and submit payment? What is the likelihood of everything being ready for pickup the last week of this month?

Bill will send an invoice via paypal and timing all depends on how quickly everyone can pay.

Okay cool, I just didnt want to be the one holding up the buy :) I will keep an eye out for the invoice! How are splits taken care of? Do I need to bring a container to keep my portion of the split in when I go to pick it up?

Thanks for the quick answers!

There will be a team handling all splits. When you come through, your splits will be ready for pickup.

I just wanted to make sure invoices have not gone out yet...I have been out of town.

last i heard, shipping costs were still being figured out and added, invoices to go out soon (but that's just regurgitating info, i'm a first time group buyer this go-round)

everybody who placed an order in the latest group buy should have recieved an email requesting payment.

Anyone else in the far west suburbs (St. Charles for me) want to try and coordinate a pickup? I work in Palatine area, so that's a possibility, too. Let me know!

Porterguy

Go on the forum or Facebook page. You'll get more responses there. There is also a map that shows people's locations. PM me I'd you want the link.

Hey Bill, I sent you a PM, but haven't received a response. Please contact me asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back