Open your panel and show me whats inside

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So who is using DIN rails. I have all my components ready and am going to hopefully (fingers crossed) start on the panel this weekend. I have all din mount items.
Is it better to mount running top to bottom or by elements or by random order.
What have you found that works best? (I'm sure there is a thread for this but it is beady-bye time!

There are a ton of theories on panel layout. Not sure there is one right answer. DIN rail is nice in that it ensures that everything is neat and straight (assuming you mount the rail that way).

Before I drill the first hole, I will lay parts out in the panel to see how things look fit. Think about how I will route field wiring to the components.

Don't hesitate to try different trial layouts before committing to one. Think about all the things connecting to the panel from the outside and how you can keep wire paths direct and neat.

One general guideline, and its only a guideline, is to keep power devices and power wiring in one area of the panel and low level and control devices in another area.

Before I drill the first hole, I will lay parts out in the panel to see how things look fit. Think about how I will route field wiring to the components.
I am doing just that. I like it a couple of different ways.
One general guideline, and its only a guideline, is to keep power devices and power wiring in one area of the panel and low level and control devices in another area.
That's a good idea. I didn't think about that but it ends up that is how it will workout in the end.

I did a little sample wiring this morning. I think this will look great. It took me 10 minutes to place the first 2 wires though. YIKES! It's a full day followed by a sixer.

I cut my pid controller in half so that it fits in a thinner case. The sensor cable was later routed through one of the cable glands.

20130612_223215.jpg

triskelion said:
I cut my pid controller in half so that it fits in a thinner case. The sensor cable was later routed through one of the cable glands.

That's pretty crazy. I never thought about braking other pid apart.

Back