Miller Home Draft System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone picked one of these up? I saw the commercial again recently and I am curious to check it out, but not so curious to actually drink the beer inside. But if the keg system proves useful, I might plug my nose and choke the beer down just for the parts.

3661960919_839790a8e3.jpg

I am not familiar with a tap-a-draft either. I have a kegerator, but was interested in something a bit more portable in case I ever go to a party.

My friend got the Coors Light one. I am sure you can reuse it. But all over the thing it said do not reuse, do not recycle. It seemed really wasteful. I think he said It was more expensive to buy too.

Good on ya for that link. I may have to get one to find out if I want to use it for a CO2 capable growler system.

Sometimes I wonder if I am just hooked on cool gadgets.

Found this info online - curious as to why they say it only stay's fresh for 30 days?

# Once tapped, Home Draft stays fresh for up to 30 days in the refrigerator.
# One Home Draft unit = 5.7 L of beer = sixteen 12 oz. draws.
# Uses actual CO2 tap system for draft beer at home.
# Consumers must CHILL unit for 24 hours prior to tapping.
# Dimensions: 7.625" H x 7.625" W x 14.375" L (compare to an 18 pk bottle at 9.25" H x 7.75" W x 15" L).

I recently bought one of these homedrafts. After drinking all that terribleness, I figured out that it would be quite easy to reuse the container for homebrew. To reuse it all you have to do is replace the co2 cartridge. I haven't tried it yet but I will very soon.

I read up on a few threads and found out that it is pretty easy to modify it to accept new carts.

Our shop may also be producing a plastic piece for the valve assembly. I hope they hand out some prototypes or samples to try out. At any rate, I have seen the assembly first hand, disassembled and even if the beer was not "great", I could see buying one to play with. Maybe a gift for a friend who drinks fizzy yellow beer, and keep the keg when he's done.

I have reused one successfully. There are a few other threads out there on this. I have found that the 1 liter Pepsi cola "wide mouth" caps fit on these really well for naturally carbing in them. The problem is, I am having problems finding those bottles now! :eek: I have heard that the TAD caps fit too but I have not found any confirmation on this.

just tried it myself, i had to use a smaller co2 cartridge, so i just took a penny and put it at the bottom of the handle and it spaced it out perfectly, works great!! :mug:

I have had an issue that was pointed out in a different thread about the 16 gram carts not being exactly the same. It turns out they are a hair shorter. You can over engineer this issue fast.

I have found the simplest answer to the issue is to take a 2 1x1 in. square pieces of paper folded in half and inserted through the bottom opening to make a + shape then push the cart all the way in, works every time.

I am still curious if the TAD system bottles and co2 head are the same and work with these...

They work great. Pay attention to the diameter of the neck of the co2 canister, they are wider than most. To get a good seal, you might need to add some electoral tape to your replacement. You can bottle condition in them, force carb with several co2 carts, or treat as a growler if you have a keg.

Koolatric make a thermoelectric cooler with inside dimensions of 12h X 8w X 12d, the Miller/Cores - T-a-D bottles are 7"dia X 12" long. I believe with the tap the bottle is 16" long. That looks like a micro kegerator project. I'll need some V8 juice to make the Millers Lite disposable.

Back