Damn beer gnome!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxamuus

Reaction score
Just racked my Honey Weissbier to the keg. Now so far i think this beer REALLY makes me proud. Its a mini-mash but the color was perfect golden, smelled like heaven, clear and beautiful!

Weird thing is i seem to be missing about a half gallon of it. Using the same gear, same buckets, everything is the same. Only thing i could think of is i finally made a beer so great to draw a gnome to steal some of it.

Damn that gnome!!

Yup.....Whiskey makers have the "angel's share."

"Angels' share" is a term for the portion (share) of a wine or distilled spirit's volume that is lost to evaporation during aging in oak barrels.

Only in homebrewing we don't have angels, we sadly have "Evil Beer Gnomes" and they are mean bastards.

And ugly too....

288944953_3bcfc0f1b9.jpg

I mean what's worse than finding THIS in your beer closet or kegerator.

drunk-santa.jpg

You really need to cultivate some beer fairies to protect your stuff. You do that by leave a bottle capful of wort for them, as tribute. (They like sweet stuff.) You do that and they will keep the beergnomes at bay.

I'm lucky, mine are hot....:D

Beerfairy1.jpg

beerfairy21.jpg

beerfairie3.jpg

hopfairie.jpg

beerfairybucket.jpg

Fermentation_Fairy.jpg

;)

You really need to cultivate some beer fairies to protect your stuff. You do that by leave a bottle capful of wort for them, as tribute. (They like sweet stuff.) You do that and they will keep the beergnomes at bay.

I'm going to have to start doing this.

Back