Need A pH Measurement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just popped open one of my roommates Budweisers and now have to drink it:( , but to answer your question it had a PH of 4.2

For my trouble could you let me know what you needed it for:)

Keep some chalk handy to bring the pH up. You'll need to do this by repeated measuring and chalk additions. I doubt that someone can come up with the residual alkalinity for Bud.

Good luck.

Kai

Decarbonating the beer will also bring the pH up. Short of heating it up, if someone in your club has access to a nitrogen or helium tank, you can bubble it with either of those gases for an hour or so and that should scrub much of the CO2 out (with no oxidation risk)

Decarbonating the beer will also bring the pH up. Short of heating it up, if someone in your club has access to a nitrogen or helium tank, you can bubble it with either of those gases for an hour or so and that should scrub much of the CO2 out (with no oxidation risk)

Awesome suggestion!! :mug:

Back