New Belgium Ranger IPA from BYO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chipster27

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I think it was the Nov issue of BYO that had the New Belgium Brewing IPA recipe. At the end of the boil and dry hop you add almost 2.5 oz of Cascade hops. The net was a very grapefruity flavored beer. I hope it settles down a little as it ages.*

Wonder if anyone else has experienced that?

I didn't do that recipe but I did the 1554 clone from the same issue and its pretty dang close, maybe just a little more chocolatey than it should be. Hopefully yours will be close the the orginal too.

I bought the ingredients for this yesterday and look forward to brewing it this weekend. The guy at the local homebrewstore steered me away from the 2 pounds of cane sugar that the recipe called for. Did you add the sugar and if so did you notice any cidery side effects in the beer?

I did it about 6 months ago, it was fine.. but there are way better recipes out there. The 2 pounds of sugar was fine no cidery flavors. I'd sub in some 2-row and use a pound.

Latest posts

Back