Frankenstein brew! Thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gtrman13

Reaction score
So, I have a bunch of ingredients left over from other brews and I have an empty primary. Obviously something needs to be done! I have almost no grain, so I'm gonna just have to make it work. Anyway, here it goes. Lemme know what you think. I'll probably be shooting for some kind of pale ale.

2.5 Gal. Recipe - 3 Gal, 60 minute Boil

2# Cane sugar - added at beginning of boil
1# Granola - Homemade stuff, I have more than I know what to do with, so I figured I'd throw it in a brew.
7 oz. Molasses - added at 15 minutes
2 oz. Crystal 60

.5 oz Centennial - 60 min.
.5 oz Cascade - 15 min.
.5 oz Cascade - 5 min.

I'll also throw in some Irish Moss and some Orange Zest. Yeast will be US-05. Granola and Crystal malt will be steeped at around 155 for an hour.

I don't have beersmith, but the Hopville calculator says it'll work! Anyone have any thoughts?

Haha, yeah, I know it's not the greatest thing. But it does help give a general sense of what's going on and target gravities and such. The wildcard in the calculator is the granola. I really don't think the sugar content there is too high at all, but I figured I'd throw it in anyway!

Well, I doubt you can achieve conversion of the granola without any base grain...

And tbh its going to be nasty. Maybe try adding some base grain (2 row is pretty cheap) and cut the sugar down a bit.

Back