mesh tea ball $1.97

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planenut

Reaction score
I was at Wal-Mart today and they had the mesh tea ball that you get online or from your lhbs for $1.97 in the kitchen section. It looks identical to the one I ordered online from NB for dry hopping.

The label says Mainstays and the part number is GT-3944WM. It says marketed by Wal-Mart Stores inc.

Just in case anyone needs to pick some up.

That Mainstays one is the ball that I use. It's perfect for dryhopping or spicing in the keg. If you want a trick use on uncoated/scented dental floss and a little keg lube to hang it in there so you can take it out when you've added the right amount of spice! The dental floss is small enough to not really break the seal on the O ring on your cornie (a little dab of keg lube will help it hold) :mug:

I have three of the wal-mart ones.

You really don't want to put more than about a half ounce of pellets in one, the pellets swell up to the point where you get no water moving through the ball if you put much more in one.

I use the little chain to hook them on the side of my pot. I place them where the boil is roiling the most.

I only use them in the keg but you could do it in the kettle. I just let it ride in my kettle but that would work great! Nice idea.

Back