Zombieland ?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmb

"I just got a new pet toaster!"
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Since the mindless mumblers of HBT seen to have a "thing" for zombies and the coming zombie apocalypse, I wondered if anyone had noticed "Zombieland," the new movie by Sony Pictures...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=071KqJu7WVo&feature=fvw]YouTube - Zombieland - Official Trailer [HD][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the trailer for this the other night. I'd "rent" it.

A few months back, Woodie was arrested at Laguardia Airport in NYC for assaulting a photographer. Woodie's defense was that he was still in character from filming this, and thought the photographer was a zombie.

The best part was, Harrelson's young daughter was present for this. He's awesome.

I just got home from catching the 6 pm viewing.

I can't rave highly enough about this flick. I give it a 10 out of 10!

It was the perfect fun Zombie film. A lighthearted romp through the end of humanity. It even had a "message," about the importance of friends.

Woody Harrelson, who I was never a fan of, shines in this. He's sort of like your insane big brother, who may ride you hard, but when the chips are down he has your back. And he steals every scene he's in (except those with Bill Murray.)

The nice thing this movie was that they, despite the subject matter kept it light throughout the movie. There were touching moments, as well as scary ones, BUT this was NOT a dark comedy like "Shaun of the Dead."

Nor did they fall into the cliche' of having one of the core characters get bitten and "sacrificing themself for the good of the group." Or many other hackneyed zombie motifs. The post apocalyptic feel good movie of the century.

:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

I've been watching the developments on this for about a year now. Gonna have to take my daughter to it. She's the serious zombie fanatic. She's been wearing an "I *heart* Zombies* hair band all week.

You ruined the special cameo!!!! Darn it, know I know!

Uh...It wasn't a surprise....it was all over the place...but I didn't go into detail. THough I wanted to do a spoiler.....

Chesire, I was surprised at how short it was, BUT I think if it dragged out it could have lost it's perfection. I am prolly the worst film geek there is, I get disappointed WAY to easily...and this just worked exquisitely, for what it was.....

How old is your daughter? It is STILL violent as all get out,heads explode and all, but the violence is all on zombies, or zombies on humans...but there is a cartoonish aspect to it, especially in the zombie kills....and really creative. But still.

But yet at all of the genre...if you kid was "cool" and precocious and could handle it for what it is...it is 10,000 times less scary than every other zombie flick out there... And there is a message....and no sex....I really can't describe it...just to say it was fantastic. ANd there is a mesage summed up in the very last "monologue" by the main character, right at the end.

My daughter wants to see it. She's only just turned 15 though, and the R rating has me concerned. I don't mind a bit of language and a ton of violence, but stupid uncessary sexual content would be out. Guts and Gore are ok though. Sounds like a good time!

My daughter wants to see it. She's only just turned 15 though, and the R rating has me concerned. I don't mind a bit of language and a ton of violence, but stupid uncessary sexual content would be out. Guts and Gore are ok though. Sounds like a good time!

There's absolutely no sexual content what so ever...The only thing even remotely "sexual" was iirc a topless zombie prostitute boob flash in the opening montage.

Honestly this has to be the most "chaste" films I have ever scene. There is just one kiss in the whole flick. And maybe a couple virgin "jokes" but that's about it. This movie scores a big -20 on titillation whatsoever.

This is sorta a disney version of a teen romance/coming of age flick...with tons of zombie killing.

It's really "squeaky clean" on so many level, especially where sexual content is concerned. You'll be fine taking her.

Back