YUP!!! This NOOB's ADDICTED!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bpts_finest13

Reaction score
So I officially think that I am addicted to this hobby. have only 12 left of my 1st batch that i am letting it age for at least another month. I bottled my second batch last week witch was a Honey Kolsch fro Northern Brewer. I will be bottle-ling my 1st all grain batch (1.5 gal Cream ale) next week witch will be in the secondary for 3 weeks.
The part that is the best about this whole thing is that i cought ingredients from the LHBS this past friday but forgot my hopps because i had my 3 yr old with me and was tryn to help.. lol.. so i went online to Brew Master Warehouse to order the hopps and ended up picking up 3 new AG KITS... Yay can't wait to brew these bad boys!!!!

Haha, I'm there with ya! What AG kits did you buy? Let us know how they turn out. My first and only brew was an oatmeal stout that I brewed from the ground up (only had an AG recipe to start with), but I'm interested in AG kits if they can simplify things without adding to the cost.

I bought 2 brown ales and one irish red. I will be making 2.5 gals with them I think because my stove BLOWS..

Nice, I'm thinking of trying an Irish Red for my next AG, but I might tweak it a bit ... I like beers with more body, so I was thinking of adding some oatmeal or wheat malt. Let me know how yours goes, though :).

Nice, I'm thinking of trying an Irish Red for my next AG, but I might tweak it a bit ... I like beers with more body, so I was thinking of adding some oatmeal or wheat malt. Let me know how yours goes, though :).

I wouldn't add oatmeal to an Irish Red. You'd have a beer that could potentially be very cloudy. Here's a link to my Irish Red Ale over at brew masters warehouse. It just took 1st in the peach State Brew Off. I too like a beer with body..

My hat's off to you for being a policeman in Bridgeport. I worked at Child Guidance in Bpt for two years. Don't miss it too much. Although the italian deli that opened down there (Corporate Deli, I believe, was as close as I have had to an authentic Italian deli since leaving NY).

Glad to hear that you caught the brewing bug. Nice to see that you can brew with a 3 year old. My wife is due in August with our first.

I wouldn't add oatmeal to an Irish Red. You'd have a beer that could potentially be very cloudy. Here's a link to my Irish Red Ale over at brew masters warehouse. It just took 1st in the peach State Brew Off. I too like a beer with body..

Looks like a very nice recipe! While I'm not too familiar with Weyermann (I'm a n00b), the descriptions they provide of head and body improvement make my mouth water. I know you mentioned the cloudiness in another post, and was wondering what effect that might have on flavor? I'm not yet entering competitions, so all beers I brew are pretty much for flavor enjoyment only (so maybe I wouldn't even need the whrilfloc?).

Looks like a very nice recipe! While I'm not too familiar with Weyermann (I'm a n00b), the descriptions they provide of head and body improvement make my mouth water. I know you mentioned the cloudiness in another post, and was wondering what effect that might have on flavor? I'm not yet entering competitions, so all beers I brew are pretty much for flavor enjoyment only (so maybe I wouldn't even need the whrilfloc?).

I'm more into brewing because I like a full flavored beer and you just can't buy it around here (there's a bud brewery in my town ). Skipping the whirlfloc.. no big deal. it's not going to make or break the beer.. it does help get the beer nice and clear though. I just entered the comp to see what some of the judges thought about it.. I thought it tasted pretty good.. guess I was right :D

Nice to see that you can brew with a 3 year old. My wife is due in August with our first.

I have a 6 week old at home and we just completed our first AG brew - the wife got him an Assistant Brewer onesie that the wore while we brewed. The wife hung out with my friends wife, who is pregnant, and my brew partner's friend while the guys brewed in the kitchen - they all seemed to enjoy themselves. Especially when we started running around the apartment trying to find this and find that as the boil came to an end.
Next step is to get the boy to learn how to scoop 20kg of wet grain out of the LT and into the garbage for us!

Next step is to get the boy to learn how to scoop 20kg of wet grain out of the LT and into the garbage for us!

baby steps. you've got a few years before you even have a dedicated hop dropper, the clean up duty is in the distant future. ;)

where did you get that? I have a 3 week old boy I need one for

My wife had it made at http://www.cafepress.com/ It is a make your own t-shirt site.
She found a beer mug image and then added the words.

I have a picture of him wearing it on my profile, not sure if you can see it though.

Zwolle - hop dryer, mash stirrer, cleaner...I have such lofty plans for his future :)

My hat's off to you for being a policeman in Bridgeport. I worked at Child Guidance in Bpt for two years. Don't miss it too much. Although the italian deli that opened down there (Corporate Deli, I believe, was as close as I have had to an authentic Italian deli since leaving NY).

Glad to hear that you caught the brewing bug. Nice to see that you can brew with a 3 year old. My wife is due in August with our first.

No... I'm not a cop I wish.. its a name I used to use on alk my emails and other pages.. I'm just a plumber.. thanx anyways.. as far as the lil one she is great.. she always tries to help.. congrats on yours and may God Bless..

Latest posts

Back