Your favorite music to sit around and get stupid drunk to?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends what kind of mood I'm in. Some nights, it's my Simon and Garfunkel box set. Some nights it's a collection of awesome old stuff from the early 90s (a recent evening included Liz Phair "Exile in Guyville," They Might Be Giants "Flood," and a bunch of Smiths and Cure.) Some nights it's Frank Sinatra.

Hmm...pretty much the same stuff I listen to all the time: Brand New, Memphis May Fire, Zach Brown Band

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...talk about a coincidence. I was just in my garage bottling my Pliny the Elder clone and getting stupid drunk. I put the Pandora on autopilot on my Dead Kennedy's channel. Good old 70s/80s hardcore punk. It doesn't get any better than that.

Slip it in!

Townes van Zandt, Hip Hatchet, Dubliners and The Pogues. All have accompanied me on some sloppy nights.

as of late, ween has been hitting the spot...with teases of phish here and there. only 11 days till worcester!! :rockin:

all i wanna know is......who's coming with me?????

Bon Iver, The xx, any version/cover of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, Dr. Dog (old), Andrew Jackson Jihad, anything Pat the Bunny is in, 80s/90s guilty pleasure pop, Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears for Fears, Fleet Foxes, Golgol Bordello, Connor Oberst . . .

Well, I don't really ever sit around getting crazy drunk, but if I were, I'd probably prefer some of that 80's music. You know what I'm talking about. That kind of odd mix of different sounds and catchy riffs. With a good buzz it starts to sound pretty awesome.

Just heard Frankie Goes to Hollywood on my way back to work. Man, that song was CHOICE!

Depends on my mood really. If it's just me and a small group of family it's usually something good. If it's a party it's something more catchy.

One of the best things is to get drunk with musicians and listen to Rush or Floyd and watch the air instrumenting begin.

I like all three Hanks (although 1 and 3 more than 2...). Can't go wrong with Bob Seger or The Boss (Springsteen), and Fleetwood Mack is a reliable go-to. For serious partying I'll reach all the way back to Cream... how could anyone not get down with Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker and Eric Clapton filling the room with sound? And let's not forget Jimmy Buffett; no one has really been to the Keys until he's gotten wasted while listening to Margaritaville.

But for serious drink-beer-until-you-fall-off-your-bar-stool music, nothing compares with Mexican music. I once sat drinking with a 1st class gunner's mate, in a dive in Acapulco. He was missing his new bride and he spent a fortune bribing the band to keep playing Cielito Lindo over and over, while he slammed bottles of Corona. I sat there, having a few but not even trying to keep up, while I wondered which would come first: the band keeling over from exhaustion or boredom, the other patrons trying to lynch us, or Gunny passing out.

The band turned out to be dedicated and in superb physical condition, and fortunately the place stayed mostly empty. So when Gunny finally slid off his stool I laid a decent tip on the bar, slung him over my shoulder and headed back to the ship. I'm not a big guy, but fortunately neither was he.

OhNo789 said:
Bon Iver, The xx, any version/cover of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, Dr. Dog (old), Andrew Jackson Jihad, anything Pat the Bunny is in, 80s/90s guilty pleasure pop, Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears for Fears, Fleet Foxes, Golgol Bordello, Connor Oberst . . .

Great selection. Huge fan of the xx too. Just went to their concert.

I guess I am moody. Anything from Zydeco to the Violent Femmes. When I am really typsy I like to sing/scream to the music, so the Femmes work.
I take 1 1 cause you left me, 2 2 for my family, 3 3 3 for my heartache, 4 4 4 for my headache.........

Depends on where I'm drinking and how drunk I get but the typical progression if I'm at home with just a few friends is something like this:
1) Bob Marley or old school reggea
2) Mumford & Sons / Dave Matthews
3) 90's Grundge (stick more with Blues Traveler/Pearl Jam/STP)
4) Dropkick Murphy's (I always start with Tessie and end on Rose Tattoo)

I don't get "drunk" much anymore, but when I was between wives several years back, I was lead guitar and vocalist in an informal band.......my dumpy ass shotgun house was the bands central HQ, and we had many a good night drinking and playing everything from AC/DC to Zeppelin, with a lot of Neil Young, Waylon, Willie, and Dwight Yoakam thrown in. Man, those were the good ol' days.

I like to pick my guitar, I mean I CAN FREAKIN PLAY when I been drinkin....err at least I'm pretty sure I can.

Otherwise I like red dirt country.

Sick Of It All, Gorilla Biscuits, Slayer, 1349, any Metallica *before* the black album.

Depends on the mood. More often than not some old rocksteady and skinhead reggae and I'm good to go (Trojan Records for the win). Other nights it's Motown style. And other nights it's street punk and NYHC. Sometimes it's Irish stuff (anything from The Pogues to The Dubliners), And occasionally some industrial.

Joe Bonamassa, Buddy Guy, Popa Chubby, Stevie Ray, anything electric and blues.
And Zeppelin.
Can't play my bass worth a damn after three or four...

Depends on the mood. More often than not some old rocksteady and skinhead reggae and I'm good to go (Trojan Records for the win). Other nights it's Motown style. And other nights it's street punk and NYHC. Sometimes it's Irish stuff (anything from The Pogues to The Dubliners), And occasionally some industrial.

I think one of my favorites to throw on when I'm already good & buzzed up is Skinhead Revolt. I really like that comp.

Nothing like going back in time to recapture your moment of youth!

Personally I like to put on:

Madonna
Prince (Purple Rain album only)
Cindy Lauper
Lionel Ritchie
and Quiet Riot

I listen to all sorts of music while getting drunk; but once I'm lit, it tends to get loud & lewd...
I always seem to go back to this:

Regards, GF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back