Your Fastest Fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
36 hours, and that has happened twice now. Both beers stopped short and woke back up a few weeks later. A little bit annoying. One was using danstar windsor and the other was using munton's brewing yeast. Not my first choices.

18 hours, fermentation started within 20 minutes of pitching on a 1056 cake at about noon. Airlock was crazy till I went to bed at 11pm. No airlock activity at 6am the next morning which I thought was weird so I took a reading and low and behold it was done, in 18 hours or so. Then it sat there another 2 weeks till I had time to move it to secondary

I have had average beers start in 2 hours and finish in under 24 hours.( s o5 dry yeast..2 packets)... I think the best was my Imperial Stout on top of american ale cake....went from 1.12 to 1.02 in less than 48hrs!!!!!..it was going crazy in less than 2 hrs time...

J

Back