Your cash register isnt broken, the beer costs that much.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkInBuffalo

Reaction score
Happens all of the time to me, even at stores that specialize in craft beers. The person working the register scans it, looks at the computer, at you, and then back at the computer...usually followed by a confused comment. I get a kick out of it, and I can't be the only one. Just today I bought two Southern Tier Pumkings at the grocery store and the kid at the register gave me my total not as a statement, but a question. Some people buy Snuggies, I buy good beer.

:mug:

That is funny!

Bought a 6er of ruination last year and the clerk gave me that look. Called for a manager to come up ;)

There's a place in Chicago I won't shop at anymore after I had the sticker shock. Cost me almost $30 for 2 sixers of middle of the road craft beer. Never again.

I definitely got a weird look from the checkout boy at the grocery store when he rang up my $93 six pack of Westvleteren XII.

The guy at my local knows I'm a huge fan of the Rogue XS bottles, and pretty much clean him out every time I go. We've commented on the price; actually, I have a better side note: he asked me which ones I wanted him to get from the distributor this week, knowing that I would be the guy who bought most of them. That kind of customer service is priceless; makes me want to buy more from him (since he has $5 bombers of Lagunitas Lucky 13, and my favorite mead, that's an easy sell).

Latest posts

Back