Youngest brother turns 21 tomorrow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DregAddict

Reaction score
So my youngest brother turns 21 tomorrow. We live in Vegas so he wants to do the whole gambling thing and he has a suite at the Bellagio with his buddies. I figured I would go hang out for a while, bring some good beers/booze to the suite, and then teach him how to throw the dice, but after talking to my parents I found out what he really wants is for me to teach him how to brew. Alright!!!

I think today I'll go to the LHBS and grab some ingredients to make his first extract batch. I'll let him use some of my equipment to make the first batch and then if he likes it we can start looking at some stuff of his own.

Ideally he'll really be into brewing. This way the both of us can split the costs of some new AG equipment to make bigger batches. Then I'll have a brew partner and my brewdays will become less labor intensive. I definitely won't mind having a 1/2 share of a batch if it means I can split costs and cleaning/brewing/cleaning/bottling/cleaning duties.

If he took all of the money that they are going to give to the Bellagio, and put it towards some AG equipment, you guys could probably be set for a while...

How does the saying go? Give a man a homebrew and he will drink for a day. Teach a man to homebrew and he will end up a poor drunk... ??? Something like that.

Tell your brother to send his gambling money to me and I'll send back any winnings. Then without the gambling, you two can get right to the brewing part.

Good luck on getting a partner in brewing.

If he took all of the money that they are going to give to the Bellagio, and put it towards some AG equipment, you guys could probably be set for a while...

How does the saying go? Give a man a homebrew and he will drink for a day. Teach a man to homebrew and he will end up a poor drunk... ??? Something like that.

Yeah, no kidding. He got a suite there, so it couldn't have been cheap on a Friday and Saturday night. But the good news is I'll be throwing 6s and 8s all night long. It's what I do.

Back