You want to brew in WHAT!?!?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arecibo_Observatory.jpg

No such thing as "too much."

Alien Ale!

This is too fun! This makes me think though. Did anybody know that there are giant clouds of Ethyl Alcohol in space? Not kidding.

EZCyclone said:
This is too fun! This makes me think though. Did anybody know that there are giant clouds of Ethyl Alcohol in space? Not kidding.

What??? Really? New aliens had bars up there!
But there into that hard stuff obviously...

Okay I was wrong, anyway beer too...
70448439-5CB0-44B9-A9EA-68B40FB980E6-488-0000003CBEE303EC_zps89aa1471.jpg

ScottG58 said:
What are they doing with the Exxon Valdese now? Beach party anyone?

Did you see Waterworld bro, the Valdez is full of holes, Not a great fermenter...
NASA has retired the shuttle however if we flip that ***** upside down we have the perfect conical fermenter!

I'm still all about colonoscopy bag though...
I keep telling you guys I can get the recycled ones for really really cheap but nobody's biting?
Test batches baby, test batches!

[Side note: Even though this is been a wild and crazy thread it actually has me thinking about doing something fun, I think I am legitimately going to do a test batch in a 22 ounce beer bottle... No joke!]

Hmmm, space shuttle... to many holes... THE "LET"!!! Liquid External fuel Tank! (The big orange one) 231,642.85 Gallons baby!!! It can hold 1,680,000 lb so I think we are GOLDEN!!!

Externaltank.jpg

My mother has a 100 gallon propane tank that would probably do quite well. They look like so (mother not pictured):

tank-photos-peekskill-420-lbs-web2.jpg

250 gallon tanks aren't unheard of residentially. I've seen quite a few.

250-gallon-web2.jpg

Or even 500 gallons.

tank-photos-peekskill-500-gallon-web2.jpg

But who wants to limit themselves to such paltry amounts? Go big or go home, I always say.

This 5900 gallon tanker can be had for a paltry $7,900.

It's a manly 5 ft in diameter.

Propane_Tank_5900-4.jpg

It's the second longest thing I'd put hands on regularly at 45' from base to tip.

Propane_Tank_5900-6.jpg

Don't think I could resist the urge to name it "Red Rocket" and ask women if they'd like to see it.

Propane_Tank_5900-1.jpg

Yep, that's me. Awesome place, nice telescope. Only flaw is that the local beer is Medalla Light (incidentally, there is no Medalla regular).

How about the AquaDom in Berlin? 260,000+ gallon cylindrical aquarium with an elevator in the middle. Or am I the only one who enjoys the thought of scuba diving in an aquarium full of actively-fermenting beer? (after diving in a pool of santizer for a few minutes, of course)

[ame]http://youtu.be/5DsxLKheF_I[/ame]

7FD0583B-D566-497D-9C0F-B62913710C4F-664-0000005753FAC098_zpsfd0fcadf.jpg

Who has a guess on how many gallons this is and how difficult would it be to put a lid on it?

Post a Google map link or better yet Lat Long cords and I will run it through Kaleidograph and give you a very exact volume! Ahh the beauty of being a geologist/planetary scientist, Cool programs!

This thread actually gave me an interesting idea... I wonder if it would be possible to brew a beer in such a small quantity that it could ferment in an eyedropper vial. I think it would be... BIG in Japan!

That's right. I went there.

This thread actually gave me an interesting idea... I wonder if it would be possible to brew a beer in such a small quantity that it could ferment in an eyedropper vial. I think it would be... BIG in Japan!

That's right. I went there.

Done.
stock-photo-tiny-beer-2978946.jpg

I know it's not fermented in there, but would you really just droplet some in a can, seal it, then open and pour it? NO! Of course this guy made the one can and naturally carbed in it! I just wanna see his tiny conical!!

That's what she said

I came across something like this that was maybe 5-6 gallons and figured I could put a clay planter tray on top as a lid. It would be perfect for a Midas Touch clone or some other ancient ale.

clay_pots_-032.jpg

I have several small clay jars that would be perfect for serving. The only other thing I would need are some ceramic swing top bottles or maybe some corks for pottery bottles.

Brewcrew02 said:
Done.

I know it's not fermented in there, but would you really just droplet some in a can, seal it, then open and pour it? NO! Of course this guy made the one can and naturally carbed in it! I just wanna see his tiny conical!!

That's what she said

NO WAY! THAT'S AWESOME! I want a 6 pack!

I came across something like this that was maybe 5-6 gallons and figured I could put a clay planter tray on top as a lid. It would be perfect for a Midas Touch clone or some other ancient ale.

clay_pots_-032.jpg

I have several small clay jars that would be perfect for serving. The only other thing I would need are some ceramic swing top bottles or maybe some corks for pottery bottles.

Dude! That's awesome!

clay_pots_-032.jpg

Hmmn, cover it with a few layers of muslin and it would also make a decent fermenter for an Ancient Egyptian style beer! Anyone got a recipe for a sprouted barley bread?

EDIT: Nevermind, I missed that that was the whole point of the original posting. My bad.

I know it's not really funny but I've always wondered about a fifty five gallon drum like the ones they put oil in

clay_pots_-032.jpg

Dude!

I still want a big glass pot to brew in. It'd be heavy and expensive, but damn, that'd be nice.

Back